Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am not the only one whose 6 year old screams bloody murder when hair gets washed or brushed
by on Dec. 19, 2017 at 9:49 AM
Replies (21-30):
B3autifulCha0s
by Member on Dec. 20, 2017 at 9:29 PM
MY 6yo does too. She always has. I keep her hair in a short bob length because it’s too much to handle when it’s long. She’s always had a sensitive head.
sissyboogs
by Member on Dec. 20, 2017 at 9:32 PM
When my son was a toddler, he screamed bloody murder about having his hair washed. I eventually figured out that he hates getting water in his ears, so that's what was actually causing the meltdown. He uses ear plugs in the bath now, and not a problem.

My 7 year old daughter hates to have her hair combed, but it's because her hair is really thin and tangles very badly. I can comb her hair before bed, and she'll wake up with it a matted mess. We use detangler and I go really slow to pull as little as possible, but it still ends in tears. I finally talked her in to cutting it shorter, so we've got a hair cut coming up.
LittleLizette
by Member on Dec. 20, 2017 at 9:39 PM

Mine is six years old too.  I don’t know what’s up with her snarly hair but she can’t stand to brush it and it snarls really bad while she’s sleeping. She also acts like I’m killing her. She’s gone to school a couple of times looking like a feral animal and I’m so embarrassed about that.  

Its just below her shoulders, straight and medium thickness.  It drives me nuts.  

MomInANutHouse
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2017 at 9:40 PM
My 5yr old washes and brushes her own hair. My other kids are older but never had a fit at any age about washing or brushing their hair.
Jadegirl1819
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2017 at 9:40 PM

Sorry nope.  

LittleLizette
by Member on Dec. 20, 2017 at 9:44 PM

Quoting MomInANutHouse: My 5yr old washes and brushes her own hair. My other kids are older but never had a fit at any age about washing or brushing their hair.

How does she get all the soap out?  

MomInANutHouse
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2017 at 9:46 PM
Same way everyone does when they shower.....she puts her head under the running water and when her hands come off clean she will have me double check that the bubbles are out.

Quoting LittleLizette:

Quoting MomInANutHouse: My 5yr old washes and brushes her own hair. My other kids are older but never had a fit at any age about washing or brushing their hair.

LittleLizette
by Member on Dec. 20, 2017 at 10:14 PM

I was wondering because most five year olds don’t shower alone.  Too slippery, and trying to get the correct water temperature is hard enough for adults.  Plus at that age most kids still love their play time soaking in a tub.  

I know I love my time soaking in bubbles.  

Quoting MomInANutHouse: Same way everyone does when they shower.....she puts her head under the running water and when her hands come off clean she will have me double check that the bubbles are out.
Quoting LittleLizette:

romangio12
by Member on Dec. 21, 2017 at 3:50 AM

I have a 5 year old that throws fits as soon as he hears bath. You are not alone.

mattsmate
by Member on Dec. 21, 2017 at 10:28 AM
I have a curly haired girl. She screams when I brush it too quickly. Which is probably every day.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)