Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is Everyone Done Shopping??

Posted by   + Show Post

Five days til Christmas and I am ready! I've been ready. All I have left to do is fill the stockings and slap a bow on Santa's gift. (It's usually unwrapped with just a bow)

I saw online today a lot of parents stating they were still out shopping and wrapping.  Anyone else doing some last minute shopping?

by on Dec. 20, 2017 at 5:16 PM
Replies (21-27):
Khooks
by Jessica on Dec. 21, 2017 at 1:00 PM
I’m not ready. I have a bunch of crafts to finish up that I need to find time to do. Tomorrow my son has a drs appointment and then I will go to the store and do my grocery shopping and get stuff for xmas breakfast that I host. Stop at the craft store for a few more things and deliver some presents. At home I still have some wrapping to do and my dh has to assemble my toddlers kitchen and get a few more gift cards. I also forgot to get my dog a present lol. We will be busy busy all the way through xmas eve.
heybooboo
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2017 at 1:02 PM

We were done, but we were then invited to a party for Xmas Eve and need to pick up a few gifts for the party.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 21, 2017 at 4:47 PM

So, I'm going to have to use that extra idea for ds1, because I've discovered I have an extra stocking stuffer for dd that I forgot about. So, now I need one more idea for ds2. . .

One the plus side, everything is wrapped : )

amypars
by New Member on Dec. 21, 2017 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I just finished shopping for all the gifts earlier this week! All that is left is getting a bunch of small and convenient gifts for the stockings. 

One of the things I am getting are these water bottles for my daughter and son! They're so cheap and useful that I thought they would be a nice addition to their stocking gifts! 

https://www.wardrobesteals.com/dc-bundle

OctoberReign
by Member on Dec. 21, 2017 at 9:52 PM
I’m done. I took myself Christmas shopping today lol.
sweets3075
by Member on Dec. 22, 2017 at 1:07 PM
Finished shopping last night I just need to go out and get a ton of batteries.
1210maggie
by Bronze Member on Dec. 22, 2017 at 7:05 PM

We wrapped the presents yesterday . I’m done . I’m disgusted with myself about how much I bought . It all ends up in the pile. DH feels this might be the last Santa Christmas so let’s enjoy it. We don’t have the money for this waste.

Today I talked to another parent from DDs class(5th grade)   about Christmas.  This parent went on to explain how she went over budget, each child  (she has 3) will receive a new iPhone, Xbox one x,  and new iPads along with clothes, new uggs, etc.  Then stocking stuffers video games

I don’t think I spent more the $300 total all toys no electronics.  DH finds out tonight if he won the Xbox at work. Maybe DH is correct just enjoy it next year might be just video games. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)