Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Still Believing.

Posted by on Dec. 22, 2017 at 9:20 AM
  • 16 Replies

So dd8 tells me last night that she still believes in the magic of Santa but knows that I buy and wrap all the gifts. Well, ok then. 

She also figured out I was the tooth fairy when I failed to retrieve the tooth 4 nights in a row. She just came out on the 5th night with her tooth and said "can I just have my dollar already!" LOL

by on Dec. 22, 2017 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LittleLizette
by Member on Dec. 22, 2017 at 7:23 PM

I was in third grade when I overheard some kids saying there was no Santa Claus.  I had still believed until then.  

Nicholy10
by Member on Dec. 22, 2017 at 7:34 PM

My 8 year old still believes, but he makes comments every now and then that make me think he is starting to question it. I stopped believing when I was 7.

Nicholy10
by Member on Dec. 22, 2017 at 7:35 PM

Oh and my 5 year old still believes.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 23, 2017 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel very lucky that my almost-12 y/o dd still believes.

Ds1, 18, doesn't remember when he stopped.

I have no idea when ds2 stopped believing, but he's almost 14 and I know he doesn't.

I was about 12 when I remember switching my thinking to "Because there are so many little kids Santa has to visit in person, when you hit a certain age, Mom and Dad take over."

Linda_Runs
by Silver Member on Dec. 23, 2017 at 4:11 PM

You are so lucky to have an 11 year old that still believes.  Mine stopped at 11 and my DD10 still believes.

I don't think she believed me when I told her that Santa won't come if her room isn't cleaned up.  Hmmmm...LOL!

Quoting wakymom:

I have no idea when ds2 stopped believing, but he's almost 14 and I know he doesn't.

I was about 12 when I remember switching my thinking to "Because there are so many little kids Santa has to visit in person, when you hit a certain age, Mom and Dad take over."

ljmom24
by Gold Member on Dec. 24, 2017 at 9:51 AM
My 9 yr old still believes BUT he’s starting to question
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 24, 2017 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this

It helps that I've been quick on my feet a few times. The various Santas around the malls are official helpers because he's super busy supervising the elves and can't visit everywhere. if someone doesn't have a chimney, Santa has a special key that lets him in the front door. "Santa Magic" covers a lot of questions. When ds2 asked for something older that a friend had that I couldn't find, he got a similar toy and a printed out letter saying the elves lost the blue prints for the eact toy he wanted.

Who says an English degree with a Creative Writing emphasis is a useless thing? : )

Quoting Linda_Runs:

You are so lucky to have an 11 year old that still believes.  Mine stopped at 11 and my DD10 still believes.

I don't think she believed me when I told her that Santa won't come if her room isn't cleaned up.  Hmmmm...LOL!

Quoting wakymom:

MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Dec. 25, 2017 at 6:24 AM

Awwwwwwwwwww  I use one wrapping paper for Santa and then other papers for us.

Calamity4e
by Member on Dec. 27, 2017 at 9:33 AM

DD (11) and DD (9) were acting indifferent about believing up until Christmas Eve Day and then they were both chatter boxes about Santa coming all day and night. LOL.

Yesterday DD (11) and I went shopping and she commented about "Santa" using her fingers to make the quote signal when she said Santa. I asked her what that was and she said, "you know "SANTA"," and did it again and giggle. LOL.

chrissysnow22
by New Member on Dec. 30, 2017 at 4:27 AM
My Ds who is 7 told us that Santa is like Batman, a character plays him. I just said okay 😊
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)