Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So dd8 tells me last night that she still believes in the magic of Santa but knows that I buy and wrap all the gifts. Well, ok then. 

She also figured out I was the tooth fairy when I failed to retrieve the tooth 4 nights in a row. She just came out on the 5th night with her tooth and said "can I just have my dollar already!" LOL

by on Dec. 22, 2017 at 9:20 AM
Replies (11-16):
amymartinez0214
by Member on Jan. 4, 2018 at 8:31 PM

My daughter turned 11 in October and still believes. She has had kids try to tell her he is not real, she does not believe them. She also still believes in the easter bunny and tooth fairy.

Adnalor
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2018 at 8:32 PM
My 8 year old still believes. But I don’t know how when she sees all the Amazon boxes come! 😂
LittleLizette
by Member on Jan. 5, 2018 at 3:47 PM

That's unusual because usually other kids will talk about it not being true and by a certain age logic comes into play.  An 11 year old has the ability to know that it is scientifically impossible for a man to go around the world in one night.  And reindeer don't fly.  I think most kids this age have their parents fooled.  They know it's not real but won't let on to their parents.  

Quoting wakymom:

I feel very lucky that my almost-12 y/o dd still believes.

Ds1, 18, doesn't remember when he stopped.

I have no idea when ds2 stopped believing, but he's almost 14 and I know he doesn't.

I was about 12 when I remember switching my thinking to "Because there are so many little kids Santa has to visit in person, when you hit a certain age, Mom and Dad take over."

amymartinez0214
by Member on Jan. 5, 2018 at 7:20 PM

This is not necessarily true. I know for a fact that my 11 year old still believes. She believes in magic. Kids have told her that he is not real, but she doesn't believe them. She even left Santa a note this year.

Quoting LittleLizette:

That's unusual because usually other kids will talk about it not being true and by a certain age logic comes into play.  An 11 year old has the ability to know that it is scientifically impossible for a man to go around the world in one night.  And reindeer don't fly.  I think most kids this age have their parents fooled.  They know it's not real but won't let on to their parents.  

Quoting wakymom:

I have no idea when ds2 stopped believing, but he's almost 14 and I know he doesn't.

I was about 12 when I remember switching my thinking to "Because there are so many little kids Santa has to visit in person, when you hit a certain age, Mom and Dad take over."

LittleLizette
by Member on Jan. 5, 2018 at 7:46 PM

I believe you.  I’m just saying I do know kids sometimes keep up the charade because it’s fun or because they want to make sure they get the same cool presents.  

Quoting amymartinez0214:

This is not necessarily true. I know for a fact that my 11 year old still believes. She believes in magic. Kids have told her that he is not real, but she doesn't believe them. She even left Santa a note this year.

Quoting LittleLizette:

Quoting wakymom:

romangio12
by Member on Jan. 13, 2018 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL smart girl!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)