Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not a talk I thought I’d be having!

Posted by   + Show Post
My husband was driving our oldest daughter to school this morning. She’s 9, going to be 10 at the end of the week. I got a call from my husband saying that while they were on the way to school, she asked him about masturbation. Said she found that rubbing herself feels good. And to me, it sounds like she wanted to have a talk about it. But my husband told her she should talk to me about that instead of him (for obvious reasons 😂). I feel totally unprepared for this! Wtf am I supposed to talk about?! She’s only 9. I don’t want to say anything that would like scar her for life or something!
by on Feb. 13, 2018 at 2:28 PM
Replies (11-15):
by New Member on Feb. 20, 2018 at 9:50 PM
DD is 8 and has said similar things. Not conversation worthy yet, thank heaven, but just little comments. As someone else said, I just confirmed that I understand it feels good but that it is a private thing that stays in her room or the bathroom, and that it is a Mommy conversation.

Also, with 3 girls in the house (8,11,and 14) we have a rule We do not talk to Daddy about bras, panties, periods, or privates. Those are for mom to deal with.
by Member on Feb. 22, 2018 at 1:55 PM

lmao, I hear ya. The only advice that I would give my own daughters is that yes, I agree it does feel good and yes it is natural but it really needs to be kept within the privacy of yourself and your bed. 

by New Member on Feb. 25, 2018 at 4:30 AM
We have 3 Teenage daughters and a 9 year old son....we are very open with our children about things.. hubby and I have been married 20 years we are a pretty strong family

But if our 9 year old said something like this IDK what I'd say back

I know this though they've learned ALOT at school....
Some in classes some just other kids
by Member on Feb. 26, 2018 at 12:37 PM

Quoting wakymom:

You tell her that yes, it feels good, no, there is nothing wrong with it, but it is something that you do not do in front of others. The bathroom and her room are the appropriate places for it.

by Member on Feb. 26, 2018 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Linda_Runs:

It's quite an awkward time to be asked, but I guess it was on her mind.  That is a discussion I would want my girls to have with me, not my husband.

Now the subject is out, honesty is the best policy here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)