Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So my children apparently lost their minds yesterday. We clean and get organized weekly on the week-end. This is not a new concept,

My 4 year old scooped everything up into the closet in her 5 minutes and announced she was done, grabbed her tablet WITHOUT ASKING. And then upon everything falling out of the closet as I slid the door open, LIED to me, with a, "huh, mommy, I don't know, maybe brothers did that."

My 8 year old decided to take a stand that these were his toys & things and he should be entitled to leave them where he wished. 

My 10 year old decided that he would just would not help, "since I didn't really make the mess."

I felt a smidgen sorry for them by nightfall, as they all commented, "this is worst Sunday, we have ever had." Yes, my offspring, may the loss of all privileges and extra chores, bring you wisdom to just clean for 30 minutes when asked, instead of playing your dear mother like some sort of fool. 

Have your kids done this, just up and decided to declare independance? How'd that work out for them?

by on Feb. 26, 2018 at 1:59 PM
Replies (11-13):
PinkButterfly66
by on Feb. 28, 2018 at 11:36 AM

I used to shove shit under my bed and in my closets too when my mother insisted I clean my room.  I would suggest you learn to lighten up and just close their door.

romangio12
by Member on Feb. 28, 2018 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Every damn day. And it never works for him.

flowerfunleah
by Member on Feb. 28, 2018 at 2:20 PM

My 7yo daughter does this and cleaning her room is a NIGHTMARE though not because she hates cleaning but because she gets SO distracted SO easily when performing the task that either my husband or myself have to sit in the room with her to keep her on track with what she's doing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)