Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Testing week

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2018 at 11:37 AM
  • 6 Replies

My kids are doing standardized testing this week.  No homework, it’s kind of nice no pressure they can leave early if we want too after testing, so it’s a half day too.  

Friday afternoon is bingo dance party celebrate end of testing. 

New principal new rules , I like it. 

by on Mar. 6, 2018 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
aj_mom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2018 at 5:13 PM

Hope they do well on their testing, and let them know the test doesn't define them or their knowledge. I just hate how much pressure they are putting on these tests.

DD is in K and she has to take like 4 different tests this year to see where she will be placed for 1st grade.

PrincessAsmommy
by on Mar. 6, 2018 at 5:30 PM

Sounds like a good week ahead if they aren't stressing over the testing. 

Our kids don't get standardized testing but we like when a new administrator bring a fresh spin to things too. Our kids got a new VP this year and she's fantastic!

1210maggie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2018 at 7:55 PM

Total different attitude testing is not a big deal.  I’m glad our old principal put so much pressure on everyone she had to retire due to illness. This principal is younger and has some fresh new ideals. 

Kids are enjoying it. 

Quoting aj_mom:

Hope they do well on their testing, and let them know the test doesn't define them or their knowledge. I just hate how much pressure they are putting on these tests.

DD is in K and she has to take like 4 different tests this year to see where she will be placed for 1st grade.

RaeMarie
by on Mar. 7, 2018 at 8:34 AM

I hate testing! My dd17 had the worst experiences with it in elem. Too much pressure put on those things. I think it is great that the new principal is trying to lesson the pressure. 

artemisa3001
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2018 at 8:59 AM
DD has 3 tests this year and they are split all over the place. She had the essay portion yesterday, no homework the day before and that day, a lot of pressure the weeks prior. I imagine absurd amounts of homework to start again today.

I hate government testing. Those don’t really show anything but give some them anxiety.
coolmommy2x
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2018 at 9:02 AM
My kids always liked resting week because of the no homework rule.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)