Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moved Out At 10

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2018 at 10:25 AM
  • 9 Replies

We bought a new house two years ago. The prior owners had the basement set up as a man cave. I had anticipated my dh would do the same. However he has made NO effort to utlize the space.

On Sunday my tenant messaged me because she was having new furniture delivered and offered me her old furniture. She knows that I have been making comments about fixing up my basement.

I set up a tv area, the wii, brought down the shelves with the boardgames, video games, dvds, set up a table and chair set, plugged in my extra mini fridge and I still have room!

My 10 year old has claimed this has her new apartment! LOL She said that she wants to move down there as I have a guest room down there. After some discussion my dh and I have decided to allow her to move down there is upcoming weekend.

She has been cracking me up. She keeps making comments about how she's all grown up and has her own place and has moved out before her big sister. Of course she still needs to come up stairs to use the restroom and eat as the mini fridge is only for liquids. Also there is no seperate enterence and my laundry room is down there so I imagine she will be less than impressed come laundry day.

by on Mar. 20, 2018 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 2:25 PM

laughing

PrincessAsmommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 4:08 PM

LOL that's awesome!

NicoleBrower
by Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 10:47 PM

This is too funny!

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Mar. 20, 2018 at 10:58 PM
Lol
RaeMarie
by on Mar. 21, 2018 at 12:16 PM

sidesplittinglaughter

Khooks
by Jessica on Mar. 21, 2018 at 4:29 PM
My then 5yo did that at our old house. We told him he could camp down there on the weekend. The first night my dh said “watch out for spiders” 🤣 lasted 30mins. But my dh had already claimed the main space for his man cave and it had a guest room and a tool room a storage room and it’s own entrance so there was no real possibility of him going down there. Sounds perfect for her age though!
othermom
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2018 at 8:06 PM

lol

Linda_Runs
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2018 at 7:49 AM

Having a 10 year old myself, I loved reading this.  Thanks for sharing.

angela.barlow
by Member on Mar. 23, 2018 at 5:00 PM
Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)