Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

still having trouble with my sons school

Posted by on May. 22, 2007 at 9:42 PM
  • 6 Replies

well last wednesday i picked my son up from school and noticed he had a scrape on his forehead and i asked him right then and there what happened, he told me he fell at recess. the teacher then told me that he fell at recess they put an ice pack on his head and he said he was ok. but then he fell asleep in class. now i know im no doctor here but when you have a head injury isnt it a bd  thing if you fall asleep right afterward?

then to top it off yesterday when after i picked him up from school he told me that he had yet another boo boo. i asked him what happened, he told me that a kid in his class pushed him on the ground and instead of pushing the kid back  (which he usually does and gets in trouble for) he told his teacher that this kid pushed him but he didnt do anything back to this kid his teacher then told him to go to the wall (which is timeout when they are outside) my son then told her "but i didnt do anything wrong" and her response to that was "yes you did now get to the wall" my poor son, even when he doesnt do anything wrong he still gets in trouble. Am i the only one that sees anything wrong with the fact that he gets pushed to the ground, scrapes his elbow, doesnt defend himself and then gets in trouble for it?

Im so glad the school year is almost done, because i can guarantee you my son will NOT be in that school next year
by on May. 22, 2007 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
stand4sumthn07
by on May. 22, 2007 at 10:04 PM
I would be very upset!  Have you spoken to the principal? I would just drop in for recess one day and see what's going on. It is definitely not right for your son to get in trouble for doing exactly what he's supposed to do. I hope everything works out for you and your son.
precious4661
by on May. 22, 2007 at 10:12 PM
i have yet to speak to the principal. but tomorrow i am going on the field trip with them so i will be with the principal and his  teacher, and i can guarantee that something will be said about it
busybee671011
by on May. 23, 2007 at 12:50 AM
I would speak to his teacher about the incidnet and if not happy with that answer go to the principal.
twogreatkids
by on May. 23, 2007 at 2:37 AM
I feel for you, however, I hate to be the one to say this but not everything is as it seems on the outside.  My kids will be the same way and when I keep asking questions more and more of the truth comes out.  I would talk to the teacher but I would not go to the principal if this is the first incident.  About the "head injury" most people are aware of what to do in these cases.  I too have a son who hit his head snowboarding in the yard.  He came in and almost instantly fell asleep.  I freaked out and kept waking him and asking him questions.  He knew every answer so I knew he was okay.  Teachers cannot call about every problem or activity that happens.  I fell if they can handle it then they should be allowed to.  It gives them the authority to handle things in the classroom.
vacationXL
by on May. 23, 2007 at 12:44 PM
I am having similar problems with my sons school . He feel down and passed out (according to him for a couple min) . NO ONE KNEW ABT IT IN THE YARD! He got up and said that he wanted to go to the health office but the words would not come out right , then in a bnit he was fien and walked to class. i asked him why did you not tell anyone, he said " NOONE WOULD BELIVE ME!!!!!!" I addressed this issue with others , as trust issues b/q him and the teacher  to the principal and the vice principal. That time they said we will take better care of it. We were not aware . Blah blah.. but internally when i said there is no trust they prob. got upset . i have astrong feeling that they are biased and are not treating him nicely at school . He is always the one hwo gets in trouble in school even if its not his fualt now! I just dont know what to do. I want to talk abt it to the school , but feel that there is noone hwo will be willing to help anyway.
Also, its just 11/2 more weeks left for the school yr. I soo badly wnat it to end! I am planning on changing his school next yr offcourse. But i feel bad that i am helpless for the fact that i cannot do anything for my child bieng treated poorly.
1974gail
by on May. 23, 2007 at 2:30 PM
Hi, sorry to hear that your son is  getting hurt in school. I would get him out of there,too. He's in school to learn, not get hurt by other children. That teacher isn't doing her job either- how can she turn her back on a kid with a head injury and even worse he goes to teacher and is punished. You have every right to be mad.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN