Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Kindergarten only 2.5 days a week?

Posted by   + Show Post

My oldest son just started Kindergarten and was attending school five days a week from 8-11:20 which was working out great. We recently moved to a new school in a different state and his new class is only on Tue. and Thur. from 8-2:15 and half  day on Fri. from 11:30-2:15. This seems so odd to me  having them attend so little school hours when they are trying to prepare the kids for entering into first grade which is five full days a week. He gets so confused on which days he has school and which days he doesn't. Does anyone have a similar schedule with their child's school and how do you feel about it?

by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 12:57 AM
Replies (11-14):
crazym0m0f5
by on Mar. 25, 2007 at 8:38 AM
Wow never heard of that... I guess they will do anything to save a buck..
KristyB
by on Mar. 26, 2007 at 11:36 AM

Our school district gives parents the option of sending their kindergartener a half a day or a full day.  But, if you only send your kid to school for half a day, then you have to provide their transportation home.  If you send them a full day, the bus brings them home.  Also, the kids do all their fun stuff the second half of the day.  Things like birthday parties, holiday parties, recess.... its all after lunch.  If your kid only goes to school half a day, then they miss out on all the stuff that helps make school and learning fun.

mama2my2girls
by on Mar. 26, 2007 at 4:17 PM
my daughter goes Tuesday through Thursday from 8:15 until 3:15. That is wierd that the days are like that.
mommyof_3
by on Mar. 26, 2007 at 4:21 PM
Never heard of it being that way I know her the city schools only have 1/2 day the parents get to chose which best meets there schedual. AM or PM . There is talk of all day I hope so because Autumn is already for the all day. She attends preschool all day Mon- Thur. 8:00 am to 3:00pm
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN