Hi! I have a 4yr old and we live in Mich. Well I need alittle help from other esperienced mommies. I hope it makes sense and is not to long winded.
I would love to send my 4yr old baby girl off to preschool. I think it will be good for her to make friends and learn more then I could ever teach her.
The problem 1- we believe she has some kind of learning issue. Not sure yet, we are having her tested in Oct at U of M. We also wanted to get her tested by the state before entering school. (unfortunally she can't be tested until school starts).Which to me makes no sense to me.She's already in school and how would that help.
Problem 2- Were not sure if we should enroll her because we think there may be an issue and she will be asked not to come back.
Why do we think she may have a learning issue?
1. Only mom can understand her when she talks.(may have a speech issue)
2. She has only been home with mom.(not really socialised with others her age)
3.Although she is a friendly little one she will play alone instead.
4. Altough I see it as a non-sociallized issue others think she has issues.(bitter mom)
5.She knows her name,colors,letters,shapes numbers. Alittle trouble with answering questions.
6. afraid of loud noises and flys
7. Pees but will not poop in the potty. I think she's embrassed because she hides when she does it or runs when we check on her.
Now to answer problem 2- We had tried putting her in vac bible school. I was told the 3rd day that it will not work out and she can't come back. The head of Vac Bible school told me "The teacher spends most of her time with my DD. She will not go from one room to another easly or eat her snacks at snack time." My DH thinks she has a hard time transiting. One thing that made him think this is the class was going for snack time, but she would not leave the hallway were the classroom was. She would just stand there waiting to get back in. So from this we think she will not do well in preschool and will be asked to leave. Meanwhile my DD will again miss the fun and ask not to come back, and then we'll be out of the tuition.
I feel so bad, I think I've really messed up my little one. Hubby wants to wait until she is tested by U of M and the school district. But I'm worried she's going to miss out. So I want her to go. Any advice would help greatly.