Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Bedding ideas for 8 year old boy

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2009 at 11:18 AM
  • 7 Replies

I'm looking for a new comforter for my 8 year old son.  He has a sports theme right now and is tired of it.  Any ideas of what to get him next?  He says he doesn't care but I know he does and won't tell me what to look for.  I'm not sure if I should stick to a theme like Star Wars or just get stripes or what.

by on Feb. 9, 2009 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
qtmomof2
by on Feb. 9, 2009 at 11:21 AM

I always let my 9 yr old daughter pick. Right now she has WallE ...she got it for Christmas and wanted a WallE theme room :)

riotgrrl
by on Feb. 9, 2009 at 11:28 AM

We got our 8 year olds new bedding recently and instead of themes just got nice things that would grow with them. DS got yellow and blue striped sheets etc and a reversible yellow and blue cotton comforter. DD got pink and purple paisley sheets etc and a pink satin comforter. I think things like that are better for kids this age than themed things that they will outgrow. They will still like these going into middle school.

rfourangels
by on Feb. 9, 2009 at 11:37 AM

I recently re-did my sons room. He was 9. I went away from a specific theme, so that I wouldn't have to re-do it so quickly.

I painted his walls a strong blue- 2 coordinating blues. On one wall I put a huge poster/ vinyl (from Pottery Barn Teen) of a snowboarder. His bedding is coordinated in the colors/ White/ and Blue Jean bedcover. He loves it.

My other son's room I re-did and he is 11. I painted the walls a dark beige, made a matching vlance, blue/ Jean/ Cream stripes and made a matching duvet cover to the valance, coordinating pillows- it is great. I got the theme from Pottery Barn teen, bought bought the fabric and did it myself as PB teen was a little too expensive for what I wanted. They have very nice ideas and color combination ideas.

pamomof2boys
by on Feb. 9, 2009 at 11:42 AM

My 8 & 5 year old boys share a bedroom. They have matching surf bedsets. They are blue & Yellow and give the bedroom a beachy feel.

I do like the other posters idea of the bedding that can grow with the kids. I'll keep that in mind the next time I buy bedding for my guys.

mykidsmommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2009 at 11:44 AM

I like the yellow and blue idea.  Where did you buy it?

Quoting riotgrrl:

We got our 8 year olds new bedding recently and instead of themes just got nice things that would grow with them. DS got yellow and blue striped sheets etc and a reversible yellow and blue cotton comforter. DD got pink and purple paisley sheets etc and a pink satin comforter. I think things like that are better for kids this age than themed things that they will outgrow. They will still like these going into middle school.

riotgrrl
by on Feb. 9, 2009 at 12:07 PM

His we got at Linens and Things, hers we got at WalMart.

Briarpatch
by on Feb. 9, 2009 at 12:09 PM

I would take him to the store and tell him to pick out a comforter that he likes. Then go from there.

I live in my own world. But its ok they know me here!

Briar   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)