Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

My daughter got sent home with update

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2007 at 4:39 PM
  • 6 Replies

Ok well at about 12:30 this afternoon I get a call from my daughters school telling me someone needs to pick up my daughter she cant stay. I asked why it was because she had thrown up and was covered in vomit. Well I call my hubby at work to go get her. she gets home within 20mins and She looks fine and says she feels fine. She was completely clean not a speck of anything on her. Not even a wet mark from where they cleaned her up. So anyway She tells me she didnt throw up on her she threw up outside. She hasnt been sick all summer until she moved to this new class. She came home the first day and was told that she may have a sub. because her teachers throat was sore and she kept coughing. Today they had a sub. i am wondering if my daughter got sick from this new teacher.? They also sent her home without her homework packet her planner and her folder. so I have not a clue on what to do for homework.. just wondering if I should call the school and ask why the teacher came to school sick and possibly gave my daughter an illness? and if they dont send me anything home How am I supposed to know what to do?

UPDATE:::
Just an update. I got it out of my daughter that she got a drink out of the water fountain. the day before they were told it wasnt safe because the water was Yucky.  well the sub let her drink water out of the water fountain. then about an hr after my post. my daughter started to have diariah and passed out due to being dehydrated.

by on Sep. 17, 2007 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ThriceAMommy
by on Sep. 17, 2007 at 4:45 PM
Looks like she doesn't have to do homework today. Also, she could have gotten sick from anything! From the store, another student, lunch! They shouldn't have said that she was covered in vomit if she wasn't - but I wouldn't stress about it past that. All that matters is that she feels better now! Don't worry about  the homework, she can either catch up tomorrow or maybe she won't have any!
busymomonLI
by on Sep. 17, 2007 at 4:45 PM

Personally, I wouldn't say anything about the teacher being sick.  I would just let it go and maybe call the school about the homework, or even just send a note in saying she could not do the homework because she was sent home without her homework sheet.  

I would not want to start the school year off on the wrong foot with the teacher.  For all you know, the teacher could have had allergies or something and your child picked this up from someone else altogether.  JMO.....Hope she feels better though!

QueenAnderson
by on Sep. 17, 2007 at 4:47 PM
At least she feels fine and yes they shouldn't have said she was covered in vomit if she wasn't, but she can make the homework up. Glad she's okay though :)

RebeccaSig.gif Rebecca Sig picture by Kara30

lulumomof2
by on Sep. 17, 2007 at 4:50 PM
a sore throat and a cough could be a cold (sinus drainage) or allergies (again sinus drainage and coughing). I know that when they have sent my either of my sons home from school (for being sick) they don't usually send homework home..their thinking (I think) is if this child is sick he/she should probably rest and what-ever they missed they can get tomorrow. I wouldn't call the school about the teacher coming to school, maybe the teacher didn't think that she was sick..or didn't start feeling sick until later on in the day. There have been times that I've woken up with a sore throat and as the day goes on, I feel just fine (again usually its due to my allergies or a cold). If you want to call the school and request that next time your dd gets sent home for being sick could the teacher please send any class assignments that she will miss.

~Laura~ stay at home mom to:

ButterflyBetty
by on Sep. 17, 2007 at 5:40 PM
I agree with the others I would let her enjoy her night  homework free!:)

Lisa

SAHM to Cooper, Alexander and Sophia

Elem Education Major hoping to graduate in 2010 with my AA!

subbypuppy
by on Sep. 18, 2007 at 10:59 AM
If your daughter is anything like my daughter it may have been she got overheated and/or overexcited. You said that after she threw up...outside (which tells me she was probably out for recess)...she felt fine and didn't feel ill otherwise. She was probably playing outside, running around, having a good time (and with maybe her nerves for the first day of school, that could have contributed to it, also) that she got a little too much excitability and it made her vomit. I don't think it really had much to do with the teachers symptoms at all, because you don't vomit if you have a cold. The flu you would, but I would bet the teacher had a bad cold and those are two different conditions. You can't prevent her from ever getting sick, but remember to make sure she washes her hands frequently and to keep her hands away from her face as much as possible, especially now with the winter months around the corner.

An ounce of prevention is worth it's weight in gold!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)