Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Whats a good face wash for 10 yr old boy

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2009 at 5:22 PM
  • 11 Replies

My son is starting to break out alittle bit on his cheeks, i want to get him a face wash but not sure what is too harsh on his delicate pre teen skin. lol   His reg. body wash just isn't enough,   Looking for any suggestions would be great, i don't want to get a derm unless it's necessary, at this point its not. it's a prevenative before it gets bad.   Thanks!   Karen.

babies
baby
baby development
by on Aug. 6, 2009 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sahlady
by on Aug. 6, 2009 at 6:50 PM

We like cetaphil

mama2jarednrae
by on Aug. 6, 2009 at 6:53 PM

I have used just about everything made...
and the thing that works best for me is plain soap...
My cousin told me to use bar soap but I really don't care for bar soap so I have been using body wash....and it has been working great!
If only I did it sooner when I was a young one in school!!! 

Jessica365
by on Aug. 6, 2009 at 11:21 PM

My ten year old son use Stridex pads that are for sensitive skin and alcohol free(I squeeze out some of the liquid so it is easier for him to use (it works great once a day). He also uses Neutrogena on-the-spot acne treatment as needed. Our face wash is Clean and Clear daily pore cleanser; He use it in place of soap several times a week and at times like hot sweaty summer days he use it every day.

bonkersornuts
by on Aug. 6, 2009 at 11:24 PM

Maybe he shouldn't use soap at all. I know its gross but i NEVER break out and I dont use soap on my face(just everywhere else,lol)

Momchipomkids
by on Aug. 7, 2009 at 3:01 AM

We use a very warm washcloth, my daughter is 8 and has breakouts...  we've used stridex pads too. 

rkoloms
by on Aug. 7, 2009 at 7:54 AM

Here is how my young teen handles her acne: wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (she uses Lush). Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate.

Robin in Chicago

virgosmile
by on Aug. 9, 2009 at 12:38 AM

Our ten year old uses clean and clear astringent for sensitive skin(but I buy the walmart brand) A cotton ball and a few drops and a he rubs it all over his face twice a day. That works for him and it's cheap!

Heartlight617
by on Aug. 10, 2009 at 4:29 PM
I use Cetaphil, and occasionally Cetaphil soap (BJ's has 6 bars for $15.00). I rarely use soap on my face, and never had breakouts! Soap is too harsh.
Carol
mom2the3rdpower
by on Aug. 11, 2009 at 12:31 PM

The dermatologist is gonna say Dove and no wash cloth-they damage the skin, finger tips and water only morning and bedtime have him wash.  No soaps other than Dove on the face,Everything else causes the face to break out more or clog pores.

Also they told me not liquid face soaps, no nutrogena, noxema etc. Those acne acid medicines are way to harsh.

Also toothpaste on the sides of your mouth can cause you to break out if you are allergic to the brand.

My eight year old  son has little black heads on his nose, LOL, my husband bought a scrub, but your not suppose to use scrubs!

Also, wash his pillow case and make sure he's washing his hair if it's longish, I'd use a white pillow case and bleach it everyweek, even if I don't do the whole sheets every week. That will take out oil and kill bacteria.

She told me moisturize, you can use Vaseline, the molecules are too long to clog poors, wierd I know it!!! I  have used baby oil (same molecules, from petroleum) and it did not clog my poors even though you'd think it would.

Mom2the3rd.

RaggedyAnne
by on Aug. 11, 2009 at 1:12 PM

Speak to his Pediatrician. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN