• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BOXTOPS!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:29 PM
  • 14 Replies

DOES YOUR SCHOOL COLLECT BOXTOPS?  I am the Boxtop coordinator for our school and wanted to see/hear ideas from other schools on what kinda contests  they have, or what comes home with their kids that advertise collecting box tops for their school!

Fun Photo Contests for MOMS, Kids, and Funny Stuff!

ENTER HERE:

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamivon2
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:41 PM

I think our school does. They just started at that school this year. We moved. I dont know how they would advertise it.

Maybe send flyers home or emails, banners at the school..

maciymommieof3
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:33 PM

thanks....I am sending out flyers for the PTO in our monday folders.......Hoping that will help!

Quoting mamivon2:

I think our school does. They just started at that school this year. We moved. I dont know how they would advertise it.

Maybe send flyers home or emails, banners at the school..

ENTER HERE:

mommybesant
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:40 PM

My daughter's school  has a webkinz contest- they have to fill out the sheet with box tops then at the end of the month they pick one and that student wins a webkinz. I like box tops b/c it is already on stuff that you buy you do not have to do anything extra!!

lunchbag

Lisa Besant

Work at Home United

http://www.workathomeunited.com/wahmlisaof3

maciymommieof3
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:48 PM

I love free money for my school :)

Quoting mommybesant:

My daughter's school  has a webkinz contest- they have to fill out the sheet with box tops then at the end of the month they pick one and that student wins a webkinz. I like box tops b/c it is already on stuff that you buy you do not have to do anything extra!!

lunchbag

ENTER HERE:

meandmyemily11
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:58 PM

Hi there. Im a BXTPs coordinator also. for my sons school. I have been for 2 years now.Last year was my first year so I didn't know exactly what to expect..lol.. this year is much different. I've already gotten this years prizes. I sent out donation letters to local companys. and every single company sent free passes :O).

Im sending in a packet of information probably the 2nd day of school. they are always bombarded the first day with the schools packet. anyhow I've made a packet of infor with what we collect how I want them done. and what the program is all about. that is FREE money..meaning no frundraiser is need. Do you know about the BXTP website? that is a big help to. Im waiting on the free kindergarten kits to come and I'll hand them out to them as well. last year we earned over 1000. .

do you collect anything else? we also do Campbells soup labels. them you get points for and school gets to pick out products for the school. if you want the websited for box tops let me know.PM me and I'll get it to you.

Happy collecting. 

maciymommieof3
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:10 PM

wow.........thanx momma.....No,,we only collect the box tops for now....and b/c I have been in a business position all my life....I so understand about FREE MONEY......I have got my work to sponsor 5 ,,,,,$25.00 gift cards to toys r us,,,and the top collector from each grade level will win..in the past year,,it was just the "top collector"..and we have 400 some odd students.....So, did you get free passes from places like "pump it up" or "bounce U"? Just curious....on who to hit up now!

Quoting meandmyemily11:

Hi there. Im a BXTPs coordinator also. for my sons school. I have been for 2 years now.Last year was my first year so I didn't know exactly what to expect..lol.. this year is much different. I've already gotten this years prizes. I sent out donation letters to local companys. and every single company sent free passes :O).

Im sending in a packet of information probably the 2nd day of school. they are always bombarded the first day with the schools packet. anyhow I've made a packet of infor with what we collect how I want them done. and what the program is all about. that is FREE money..meaning no frundraiser is need. Do you know about the BXTP website? that is a big help to. Im waiting on the free kindergarten kits to come and I'll hand them out to them as well. last year we earned over 1000. .

do you collect anything else? we also do Campbells soup labels. them you get points for and school gets to pick out products for the school. if you want the websited for box tops let me know.PM me and I'll get it to you.

Happy collecting. 

ENTER HERE:

Kestrel1
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:18 PM

Our school does a quarterly pizza party.

I'vr got over 75 saved up over the summer.  We've got first quarter in the bag!!!

wife_mom_of_2
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:33 PM

i collect box tops and best choice labels and cambell soup labels. i live in missouri and every year, almost, the school sends home a list of all the labels and lids our school turns in for free books and art supplies and class supplies. i don't remember all of the things that was on the list and  i am still waiting for that paper this year. the PE teacher is the person  the students turn the labels to at our school. i have my kids turn them in 2 to 3 times a school year.

momof1boy
by on Aug. 27, 2009 at 9:12 PM

At my son's school one year had a contest to see who the favorite team was.  Here it was Aggies, Longhorns, and I don't remember the others.  I don't remember the prize though. 

CafeMom Tickers

Nanci

bleumonster
by on Aug. 27, 2009 at 9:28 PM

We do both Boxtops and Campbell's soup labels. Our school does pizza parties quarterly, I think, for the class that brings in the most. I collect boxtops and labels year round. They send out flyers 3-4 times a year. We brought in $800 last year which is mind blowing to me for boxtops and soup labels.

Kim  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)