Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I E P's.............

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:34 PM
  • 5 Replies

any of your children have an IEP right now?

Lets share our stories here !

Fun Photo Contests for MOMS, Kids, and Funny Stuff!

ENTER HERE:

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
toddnlucsmom
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 9:46 AM

My son does.  He has apraxia.  He has been in speech therapy since just before his second birthday.  He will be 6 in October and he has made major improvements.  He now speaks better than I had ever thought he would.  At the end of the last school year, we discussed the possibility of not needing the therapy any more after the first semester of this year.  Yay!!

wife_mom_of_2
by on Aug. 27, 2009 at 10:08 AM

my son has a IEP and this will be his third year with an IEP. he start at 1yr old with speech therapy at home through first steps program. when he turned 3 he start early childhood special education. where the school started his first IEP. my son have a sound system disorder. he started out 4 years ago with vary few words and alot of screaming. the therapist started with sign language and speaking together to him. and now i cant keep him quiet. lol

mom22tumblebugs
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2009 at 5:17 PM

Mine does. She has had one since she turned 3. She will be 7 in October. It has been changed to "developmental delays" to go to age 9. She has slower processing, focus and attention issues and social work. I have had her evaluated in the past for autism, but at 4 1/2 they said she didn't fall on the spectrum. Even if she was dxd for it, it wouldn't have changed her IEP b/c she would have been serviced the same, so I didn't pursue it further. .. We transitioned to a new school and team of special ed staff, so this yr will be interesting since we are starting out fresh again... I'm a bit nervous trying to advocate for her needs at this new school.

maciymommieof3
by on Aug. 27, 2009 at 7:51 PM

wow.....my twins got services from Missouri First Steps....(where are you at)...one of my twin girls is dx'd with Mild Autism/Adhd/anxiety she gets pulled out for everything but "specials"...i.e. music, gym, etc........

Quoting wife_mom_of_2:

my son has a IEP and this will be his third year with an IEP. he start at 1yr old with speech therapy at home through first steps program. when he turned 3 he start early childhood special education. where the school started his first IEP. my son have a sound system disorder. he started out 4 years ago with vary few words and alot of screaming. the therapist started with sign language and speaking together to him. and now i cant keep him quiet. lol

Fun Photo Contests for MOMS, Kids, and Funny Stuff!

ENTER HERE:

wife_mom_of_2
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:03 AM

dexter, missouri

Quoting maciymommieof3:

wow.....my twins got services from Missouri First Steps....(where are you at)...one of my twin girls is dx'd with Mild Autism/Adhd/anxiety she gets pulled out for everything but "specials"...i.e. music, gym, etc........

Quoting wife_mom_of_2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)