Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do your boys get headaches?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:14 PM
  • 2 Replies

My son started getting headaches almost a year ago. The first one seemed like a migrane. He was laying on the couch with a cold washcloth on his head and wouldn't let me turn on a light or even the tv. I called his doctor and of course that was a whole day ordeal. The next day we went to see the doctor because he had a fever and he ended up doing a CT on him. Well they did two. One with an IV and one without. So they tried to tell me it was a sinus infection. So that went  away with meds and then he kept getting headaches. Well everytime he gets a headache he gets a fever. Never fails, just a low grade fever. So I try to tell the doctor this and they can't find anything wrong with him. He told me to just give him tylenol as soon as it starts. So I go to the school at orientation and take his medicine and fill out all of the paperwork for the teacher and the nurse. Well second week of school he gets a headache in PE and goes to the nurse. well he has a fever of 100.4 and she calls me and makes me come get him. I was so mad. He couldn't come back for 24 hours because he has a fever. So I call the doctor and they won't see him because they know there's nothing wrong with him.....Do you know ANYONE who has this problem???

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Supermommy23
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 6:48 PM

Oh dear, I am sorry. I don't know anyone with that problem. But my son do get headaches on and off. mainly when he's at school, cause the kids can be very loud at times.

Try a different doctor. you may get a different answer.

Triple A Photography
Jessica365
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 9:05 AM

My son was getting them and Just as a precaution we went to the eye doc and He did need glasses. He has had them since 12/08 and after a week of wearing them the headsches stopped. He would feel sick and have to lay down to. He showed no sign of needing them and has past eye checks in the past. He loves to read, pc, and tv. and there was a pc game he could not win but win he tried with his glasses on he said oh no woder I could do it I thought those small words were just lines! Hope this is helpful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)