Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My twins' progress since starting the OSR........I will keep updating this post.....

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2008 at 10:34 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 5658 Total Views

I just want to add that my twins have been on the Boyd Haley compound(OSR) for one month and one week and  we had an IEP meeting for them. Within the last month my son( who was almost non-verbal this time last year) is now reading on a first grade level! This happened within a month. The teachers are amazed. He is talking more and more everyday and also adding more foods to his diet....just a month ago he wouldn't eat anything but Pringles, goldfish, dry cereal, and popcorn. He ate an apple yesterday at school and has tried about 5 more. You have no idea how big of a deal this is as we have been trying to introduce foods to him daily for a year at least. Within one month he has tried that many different things! The cutest thing from the meeting was his OT was trying to get him to draw a circle and she drew one.....well he put a S T in front of the O and a P behind of course spelling stop! I was laughing and overjoyed by this news. My daughter is also showing improvements although not as drastic as Paxton. She is completely non-verabl and she said poo for her winnie the pooh, she also said Mama. She is stimming MUCH less. And just has a sparkle in her eye that we have not seen in a long time. I will keep you all updated as it has only been one month and one week and I am so excited everyday not knowing what they will do next. 

The twins continue to show great progress.  Paxton is talking more and more everyday.  His teacher is amazed at how is speech has improved so quickly.  Lexi has said No, Mama, and Poo, so far but that is great progress for a child that was completely non-verbal.  She has been using the potty and never did this before.  Paxton is reading more and more.  He is even reading books at home that he has never read before.  He is speaking in full sentences instead of using one word.  His teacher said instead of her having to come to him to get him to do things he is coming to her and telling her what he wants.  He told Noah "thank you Noah" for getting him a toy and he has never done that.  Needless to say Noah was thrilled.  Everyday seems to bring a new and wonderful progression and I just can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.  I will continue to add to this post on how the twins are doing.  Thanks for all the encouragement and prayers because they are being answered!

Just wanted to let you all know that lexi is now trying to talk also.  she has been non-verbal so long and every little thing is an improvement with her.  So far she has said....NO(when a boy at school bit her she said no,no,no) Mama! (YEAH) Pooh(for winnie the Pooh) and her lastest one was Jui for juice!  Her personality is showing more everyday too.  She looks everytime you call her name and her eye contact is GREAT!!  Paxton still blows us away everyday!  This morning Noah took him some milk and without any prompting(which is what we used to have to do to get him to talk) he looked at Noah and said "Bye-Bye Noah"  He wanted to let Noah not to come in his room. LOL.  He is speaking in sentences more and more instead of one words.  It is am amazing journay for us and I am walking on clouds daily watching them improve.  I hope this for each and every one of you also!! God Bless...and I will keep you posted!

by on Sep. 20, 2008 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
agentwanda
by on Sep. 26, 2008 at 11:29 PM

God's wonderful blessings every day and this time they came through Dr. Haley!!!

clapping

Thank you for keeping us updated Vicki... :)

BlessedMom61404
by New Member on Oct. 18, 2008 at 4:33 PM

WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!

YourEquity
by on Apr. 21, 2009 at 12:15 PM

Can you tell me how you administer the OSR?  How much did you start using and did you rub it in the skin or administer orally or other?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN