Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

C Diff

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 12:30 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 243 Total Views
Has your child had it. Our local hospital ended up causing my son to get this. We spent an over night visit at childrens for him not urinating but he's feeling much better now thanks to childrens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 12:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
PenelopesMom
by Member on Feb. 22, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Not my child, but I actually got it when I stayed in the hospital with her! I hope he's better fast <3 Sending lots of hugs.

ShannanAjluni
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 7:17 PM
Yikes, no, thank God. I hear its miserable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NanaCheryl
by Member on Feb. 23, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Yes, Kaeden has had this.   Please do take all the medicine.  C-Diff can kill.  Also, EVERYTHING it comes in contact with----is contaminated.  We threw away our living room furniture.  He had diarhea all over it.  No one knows how bad this is until you have it.  Anyway, it is believed to continue living unless treated with bleach. Cant treat furniture!  Or rugs etc.  From my understanding--it is like a spore.  

Anyway, he is now a carrier and has since had it after finishing treatment. But instead of vomiting he became constipated and started vomiting Poop.  Its no fun!  I dont think the constipation was connected--we just happened to find out he had another overgrowth of it when he was being treated for the constipation.  

Also, It is very common to get it while in the hospital.  We will never know how Kaeden got it but our hospital was terrible about cleanliness.....

We only used certain washclothes for Kaeden and still do. We dont wash his stuff with our stuff.   My daughter does tho.  People who do not have immune problems usually arent affected by the C-Diff. 

C-diff is the worst smelling stuff you have EVER come across......If your gagging---your child needs to be checked....ALSO---Make sure your doctor runs 3 consecutive test.....get three test done on three different bowel movements....Our clinic said for some reason it wouldnt show until the third BM....and sure enough it was like that everytime for us.  

bellarose1230
by Member on Feb. 29, 2012 at 2:57 PM
Our local hospital said he had it. They tested ever bm at our childrens and it showed nothing. He got lots of fluids and was all better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannanAjluni
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 3:24 PM
That sounds more like Rotavirus than C-Diff.

Quoting bellarose1230:

Our local hospital said he had it. They tested ever bm at our childrens and it showed nothing. He got lots of fluids and was all better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NanaCheryl
by Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:01 AM

I agree...it has to be treated with Flagyl (which is what Kaeden was treated with) OR it does say Vancomycin is also used.  Strange thing about that is Kaeden was constantly on Vancomycin and it didnt stop it from coming back.  

So if the child was in the hospital being treated with Vancomycin through his IV already- mom may not have known that is what was being used to treat the C-diff.......

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN