Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 11:21 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 154 Total Views

Hello everyone.  My name is Angela.  I have a 5 year old with a brain tumor.  They are unsure if it is canerous or not.  But I needed to join a group who can help me get through this and not bash me for the care I am trying to provid for him.  I hope I have come to the right place.

Back story.....

My 5yo had developed feberal seizures when he was 9 months old.  When he was 1 he started getting seizures without any fever.  So I took him to a neurologist and we got him on some meds.  The meds were helping control the seizures to a point.  He would still have them every now and then.  He has had numerous EEGs, and so far 2 MRI.  Up until last Decemeber we were seizure free for alomst a year.  I was so happy.  Then on the 27th of DEC he had a seizure.  Ever since then he has had one atleast once a day.  Well his last MRI showed something on his brain.  So the one neurologist told me it was nothing to worry about.  But I wanted another opion.  The other neurologist was nice and told me that it has to be removed one way or another.  So he has test all month and then I was told that he had to see the surgeon.  I was not expecting that so fast.  This surgeon looked at the MRI and told me that it is not a mass that it is a Tumor.  I will be removed by the end of the summer.  He has another MRI next monday and if the tumor has gotten bigger since the last time he will have it removed next week sometime instead of during summer vacation. 

If you got this far thanks for reading.  Any advice would be great or what I should expect or should I be demanding something more.  I am so lost I dont know what to do.

by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ATALHEA
by Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 4:35 PM

I am so sorry you are dealing with this. I will keep your son in my prayers. My daughter is in remission from histiocytosis. But my mom had a brain tumor removed about 5 years ago. hers was not cancerous fortunately and I pray your son's is not cancer too.

Robbiemommy
by Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 7:54 PM
Hope everything goes well and that it is not cancerous. What state are you in?
yksurepa_570
by New Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 10:31 PM

ohio

Quoting Robbiemommy:

Hope everything goes well and that it is not cancerous. What state are you in?

PenelopesMom
by Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I'm unfamiliar with brain tumors, but I'm here for you. I hope they find that it's not cancerous and that everything can be managed and he can be a normal happy boy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN