Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

vent

Posted by on May. 29, 2012 at 10:00 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 244 Total Views
**disclaimer** This IS going to be rude and geared toward cigarette smokers. If you are a smoker, I'm sorry. Maybe it will lay heavy on your heart and you will quit. If you get offended about your cigs, stop reading because after just now, I.do.not.care. if you are offended and I do not feel like listening to your reasons why you smoke and don't suck it up and quit.

*now for the vent* Omg..... I cannot believe that people willingly ask for, even pay for, CANCER. Smokers KNOW and don't care that those damn things will give them cancer. Quitting smoking is hard, I get it, but I can be and is done every.single.day. These people blow $5 a pack on cancer sticks. If they smoke a pack a day, that's $150 a month and $1800 a year.... SERIOUSLY??? We are not even going to be able to make rent, and they light this money on FIRE?!? My baby is dying of cancer. There is no cure for this disease. NONE. He fights for his life every minute of every day and they WILLINGLY TRY to GIVE themselves CANCER?!? I would in a HEARTBEAT give Olly's disease to someone ASKING for it. They want it, I would give it to them. Let them worry if they are going to wake up in the morning. Let them have a metal device implanted in their chest. Let them have poison injected in their veins on a regular basis. Let their hair fall out. Let their stomach revolt and puke for hours upon end. Let them be so constipated their anus bleeds when they poop. Let their fingrnails and toenails fall off. Let them burn by sitting next to a window. Let them be isolated away from friends and family for months on end. Let them worry if that person coughing is just choking or has a contagious disease THAT CAN KILL THEM. Let them know that with each pill they are causing brain damage. Let them know that with each other pill they are rendering themselves sterile FOR LIFE. Let their mommy and daddy wonder how the heck they can keep a normal life when there is a monster living in them. They wouldn't be paying $150 a month on cigarettes, but they WOULD be paying $800 a month in travel expenses to have the poison injected in them.... Oh, and will they be able to make other expenses? No. Because Mom lost her job to CARE FOR THEIR SORRY BUTT.....

I needed to let this out its been choking me all day.... I was at the ballpark today and a lady asked a guy to put out his cig. He told her no. She asked him if he WANTED cancer. And he said, "what is it to you? Maybe I do!" I freaked out on him. I told him to put it out or I would put it out for him...

I'm sitting here in tears from this.... Ugh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 29, 2012 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
bellarose1230
by Member on Jun. 2, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Hun I agree withth everything you are saying. My mother was a smoker and I told her you know with Anthony having cancer you may not be around long to see him if he beats it let alone see your grandkids grow up. Of course what you said to the guy I would of been more rude and pulled the cig out and put it put withput saying a word to him

Nichole0403
by Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:56 AM

I feel the same way to, lol maybe not as strongly.  My mother died of lung cancer about 3 years ago so she has missed so much.  I know that you are mad but please never say your child is "dying of cancer".  Stay positive for your childs sake, they will beat it. I flip out and leave whenever there is someone smoking around my children to, they just don't get it.  Have you spoken to your social worker about the money issue?  Theres all sort of "charity" funds out there to help with cost. 

ShannanAjluni
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Thank you for your insight. I get so upset sometimes... 90% of the time, I'm positive... This one time I freaked out..

Quoting Nichole0403:

I feel the same way to, lol maybe not as strongly.  My mother died of lung cancer about 3 years ago so she has missed so much.  I know that you are mad but please never say your child is "dying of cancer".  Stay positive for your childs sake, they will beat it. I flip out and leave whenever there is someone smoking around my children to, they just don't get it.  Have you spoken to your social worker about the money issue?  Theres all sort of "charity" funds out there to help with cost. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)