Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Razor Discussion

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2007 at 11:13 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 309 Total Views

Ok, after being riveted to the tube for 2 hours of the best show on television...what did you think of Razor?

I'll admit I was a bit confused at the beginning, with all the changing back and forth, but soon got my bearings.

As reported in BSG News earlier this year, the new season  of Battlestar brings with it the 'Old Model' Cylons (By Your Command!)  and we got a peek at them on tonights show...they brought back some memories of the original, what fun :P

What does everyone think of the ominous warning that Starbuck will be the end of the human race...we know how cryptic the 'bathtub' Human/ Cylons  can be...perhaps this only means it will be the end of the human race as they(the humans) see it now, and a beginning of a new one where humans and cylons live together in peace?

Who knows, just grabbing at straws here..what do you think?
by on Nov. 24, 2007 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
astrozombies
by New Member on Nov. 25, 2007 at 12:37 PM
I dunno what the guy meant by what he said about starbuck.I can't wait til March to start watching the new season!!
I'm wondering if when they find Earth maybe everyone is a cylon? it seems kind of too obvious for starbuck to be a cylon,so I'm really hoping in the end she doesn't turn out to be one.Do you think that maybe if she is a cylon that the guy meant she was leading the human race to destruction when they find earth b/c it's all just a trap??ahh! I have no clue! lol
briarraindancer
by on Nov. 26, 2007 at 2:26 AM
Wow, I didn't realize how much I missed this group during the off season, lol. But BSG is a very intelligent show, as are its viewers.
So, on to business.... LOL. I think the message about Starbuck is going to depend on what a Cylon really is. I agree, that it does seem rather obvious that she would be the last of the Five, but it also seems inevitable. Plus, I was thinking that there was only one reason that we didn't get all five of the Final Five last season--because Starbuck wasn't with the fleet. Tori heard the music when she was with the President on Colonial One, so it wasn't just on Galactica. It's in them.
Plus, I was watching the old seasons this summer (I'm obsessive, I know, but summer TV sucks), and if you look at it, the Cylons really do go out of their way to not hurt these four. I'm sure it's instinctive--we know D'Anna apologized to Tigh when she saw him in her vision, but she could have killed him lots of times. The same goes for Tori, and especially Tyrol and Sam. The were the leaders of the Resistance after all, especially with Tigh locked up.
So it all comes down to the definition of a Cylon. If it's actually physical (which is speculative at best, because they ALL had their blood screened obsessively by Baltar), then it could mean problems. I don't know why, but I don't think it is physical. I think the definition is a metaphysical one, possibly a philosophical or spiritual definition. Especially in light of the aforementioned blood tests, not to mention the whole stickiness of Divinity in this show. God versus Gods, and on and on.
Plus, there was something the old man said that bothered me. He said some of the new models viewed him as God, but Sharon spoke of him like he was a rumor. Of course, Sharon does have some issues with divinity herself, but that's a whole other topic.

(But I did read that all over, and I feel like that kid Brandon in Galaxy Quest.)

Rain Hugs and Blessings!!!
                                  ~~Briar

astrozombies
by New Member on Nov. 26, 2007 at 10:22 AM
do you think that maybe when the old guy was saying "Kara Thrace will lead the human race to its end. She is the heralder of the apocalypse, the harbinger of death. They must not follow her" there was a different meaning than the obvious? Like, she will bring the human race to the end of their journey? And that she will be the heralder of the apocalypse and harbringer of death to the cyclons??This has me confused and it really sucks having to wait til March to watch the new season!lol.
6to20
by Group Owner on Nov. 26, 2007 at 1:49 PM
Was anyone as curious as i was as to why Six hesitated when Officer Kendra Shaw came around the corner and saw her, it certainly looked like Six had no intention of harming Officer Shaw, in fact it looked like Six recognised her. Weird.

As for Kara being the fifth Cylon, that just seems too easy for me, though I do think it will be revealed that she is Tigh's daughter.  Won't that piss her off LOL! Remember she 's never met her father, her mother never told her who he was.

How did she live through the explosion at the end of season 3?
Let's not forget the Seraph theory.

Ron Moore has said we've seen the final unrevealed model and he has left us clues as to who the fifth cylon is in the previous seasons. Also, Ron Moore did say that the only 2 characters on the show that would never be Cylons were Admiral Adama and President Roslin, b/c it would ruin the character of the show, so that rules them out.

Here is a little light reading and spoilers for season 4...sorry for the long post...yes, i'm obsessed :P

(From SciFyPortal.com)

Season 4 Spoilers

Centurions never evolved much because the human Cylons built in inhibitors that prevented higher brain function.

Once that inhibitor is removed, the Centurions apparently open fire on the Cylon base ship, parts of which were seen by those attending the SciFi Channel Digital Press Tour last month in Vancouver, B.C., soon after parts of the scenes were shot.

But who were the Cylons targeting? SyFy Portal dug a little deeper, and a source tells us that the Centurions weren't firing out of anger ... it was actually a calculated political move.

"Word about the existence of the Final Five starts spreading throughout the Cylon fleet," the source told SyFy Portal. "Since they may be hiding among the Colonials, the Centurions -- who are now able to think for themselves -- decide they can no longer fire on the fleet at risk of putting the Final Five in trouble."

Four of the Final Five were revealed in the third season finale, and it's unclear what kind of resurrection abilities -- if any -- these final Cylons have. But keeping a military force is important, and one of the Cylon human models removes part of the Centurion Raiders' brain function to remove that independent thinking to make them attack anyway.

What results is the equivalent of a Cylon civil war, or in this case, a skirmish as the battle doesn't last long enough to be a civil war.

"We're going to lose some Cylons in this battle," the source said. "And I don't mean the toasters. We're actually going to lose some of our humanoid Cylons ... as in lose permanently."

The humanoid models are split on if they should continue attacking with the Final Five in the fleet, and when a vote doesn't go the way one Cylon wants it to, the order is given to completely annihilate three models. Attacking all of them at once, and eliminating their ability to resurrect.

There are unconfirmed reports that this episode also will feature the return of Lucy Lawless to the program, as there is some chatter that the actress has signed up for a similar contract she did in her limited run in Season 3. Also, another source reports that a new "named" Cylon will be introduced early in the fourth season, presenting yet another character for Tricia Helfer to play.

When reporters visited the set last month, the multi-purpose set was designed as a dinner area with pristine white chairs, and some extravagant crystal table settings. The room -- which has doubled as Baltar's holding cell as well as where the hybrid pilots are kept -- was riddled with bullet holes that pierced through pillars, and a wall behind where the reporters were walking through. Debris was strewn everywhere, and "Battlestar Galactica" set crew made sure nothing on the set was disturbed, as it was still a hot set.

briarraindancer
by on Nov. 26, 2007 at 5:24 PM

Quoting 6to20:

Was anyone as curious as i was as to why Six hesitated when Officer Kendra Shaw came around the corner and saw her, it certainly looked like Six had no intention of harming Officer Shaw, in fact it looked like Six recognised her. Weird. Interesting. She definitely hesitated.

As for Kara being the fifth Cylon, that just seems too easy for me, though I do think it will be revealed that she is Tigh's daughter.  Won't that piss her off LOL! Remember she 's never met her father, her mother never told her who he was. Here's my thought on this: doesn't that make Kara a Cylon by default? The issue hasn't been explored yet, but I wondered about this last season--is Cally and Tyrol's son Cylon? His father is. If the definition of a Cylon is a physical one, then he most definitely IS Cylon. The same goes then, if Kara is Tigh's daughter.

How did she live through the explosion at the end of season 3?
Let's not forget the Seraph theory. I haven't forgotten the Seraph theory either, but what I do know is that this is the last season. Is there time to introduce an entirely new species to the series? (Especially with the depth of the Seraphs?)

Ron Moore has said we've seen the final unrevealed model and he has left us clues as to who the fifth cylon is in the previous seasons. Also, Ron Moore did say that the only 2 characters on the show that would never be Cylons were Admiral Adama and President Roslin, b/c it would ruin the character of the show, so that rules them out. Sorry dearie, but you're just proving my Kara theory. ;-) If it's not the Admiral, it's not Lee either. The four that we know are all major characters. The last one will be too. So who's left other than Kara? Plus, I go back to my original point--the only reason we didn't see the fifth is because they weren't with the Fleet. Who else does that leave???

~~Briar

6to20
by Group Owner on Nov. 27, 2007 at 5:20 PM

Oooh this is fun! I'm so glad they gave us something to chew on til March :)

I do think Kara is half Cylon, which would explain her visions and Leoben's interest in her. I don't think she's the Fifth Cylon though. Who does that leave? There are multiple candidates to choose from--according to Moore the Fifth Cylon has been with the show since Season 1, that leaves:

Laura Roslin
Gaius Baltar
Felix Gaeta
Tom Zarek (this would be ironic, the old Apollo being the Fifth Cylon)
oh yeah...and Lee Adama

ok,ok I know what you're thinking, How can Lee be a Cylon if his dad isnt?
Back in Season 1 when Leoben is jettisoned out an airlock, he say's to Roslin at the last second "Adama is a Cylon" . She assumed he was referring to William Adama.
Are you still with me? ok, here's where the speculatin' begins
Lee could very well not be a biological descendant of William Adama.
The four that we know of had human parents -so were probably switched at birth, this could have happened with Lee's birth also.

BTW, if this comes to pass I'll expect much praise and ooohing and ahhhing. LOL!
briarraindancer
by on Nov. 28, 2007 at 2:43 PM

Quoting 6to20:

Oooh this is fun! I'm so glad they gave us something to chew on til March :) Me too. My fall programming lacks intrigue without BSG and LOST.

I do think Kara is half Cylon, which would explain her visions and Leoben's interest in her. That's interesting. Could you be half Cylon? I don't think she's the Fifth Cylon though. Who does that leave? There are multiple candidates to choose from--according to Moore the Fifth Cylon has been with the show since Season 1, that leaves:

Laura Roslin Except it's already been stated that she isn't Cylon (by you, earlier in the post, lol).
Gaius Baltar Wouldn't he have heard the music too, though?
Felix Gaeta I have to admit, Gaeta has long been one of my favorite candidates.
Tom Zarek (this would be ironic, the old Apollo being the Fifth Cylon) Have you read the books at all? Zarek seems unlikely.
oh yeah...and Lee Adama

ok,ok I know what you're thinking, How can Lee be a Cylon if his dad isnt?
Back in Season 1 when Leoben is jettisoned out an airlock, he say's to Roslin at the last second "Adama is a Cylon" . She assumed he was referring to William Adama. I'd forgotten all about this--great catch.
Are you still with me? ok, here's where the speculatin' begins
Lee could very well not be a biological descendant of William Adama.
The four that we know of had human parents -so were probably switched at birth, this could have happened with Lee's birth also. Only if what makes a Cylon is a physical question, which I still dispute. However, if that is the case, then it would be easy to see how a parent (or in this case a child) could be a Cylon, while the offspring was not. Which will make the question of Tyrol's son even more interesting.

BTW, if this comes to pass I'll expect much praise and ooohing and ahhhing. LOL! Oh, I'll definitely concede the point if you're right.

We have way too much fun with this. LOL.

~~Briar

6to20
by Group Owner on Nov. 28, 2007 at 8:30 PM

Quoting briarraindancer:

Quoting 6to20:

I do think Kara is half Cylon, which would explain her visions and Leoben's interest in her. That's interesting. Could you be half Cylon?  There are already 2 half-Cylon children, so I guess you can be :)

Laura Roslin Except it's already been stated that she isn't Cylon (by you, earlier in the post, lol).  Nice catch!  So I did. Sometimes thoeries, speculation and facts become confuzzled in my brain and with the long hiatus those files had started to collect dust ;P

Gaius Baltar Wouldn't he have heard the music too, though? I don't really think Gaius is a Cylon.

Felix Gaeta I have to admit, Gaeta has long been one of my favorite candidates. I adore Gaeta.

Tom Zarek (this would be ironic, the old Apollo being the Fifth Cylon) Have you read the books at all? Zarek seems unlikely. No, I haven't.  :(  Can you tell me why he is unlikely?

BTW, how incredibly wrong is it that the UK has had BSG Season 3 in stores since Sept.  but we don't have it here in the states  :(    They need to release it already!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN