Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am new to this group

Posted by on May. 4, 2007 at 12:46 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 237 Total Views
Hi, I am the mother of 2 daughters 30(ADD&depression) & 24. My 30 yr. old was 4 adorable children 11(ADHD), 8(possible ADD), 5(pretty sure ADHD) & 3 and yes they do all have the same(ADHD) father!:) Unfortunately they are divorced.:( My youngest lives alone and is a graphic designer for a national non-profit group. The 30 yr old is a supervisor for a durable medical co. She works in the medicare processing dept. I am very proud of them!
My husband & I just retired and moved about a 40 minute drive away from Kids & G-kids. I'm having a tough time with it. I have always, even when the girls were very young, had a house full! Now, it's just me and my husband, the dog, the cat and a desert tortoise.

My husband was in a near fatal motorcycle accident 5 yrs. ago. He suffered a broken leg, all ribs, back & pelvis. He lost a kidney and has a traumatic brain injury ( TBI ). He is not the man I married all those years ago. Believe it or not if you saw him you would think he is a lot older than he is and he kind of limps until you talked to him for a period of time. Then you might think "Hum, this person is a little different!" He is a lot different! And the hard part is he does not realize it.

And to top it off I'm having a terrible time with MENOPAUSE! I am really not a complainer it's just that ,this is where I am in life at the moment. I know it will change one way or the other any time. Good or Bad. Anyway, I love spending time with the G-KIds, reading, gardening,bird watching( Gee,that all sounds Old-Ladyish!) cooking. I hate housework! I watch Dancing with the Stars & Bones. Sorry, never have watched Grey's Anatomy! Oh, I also tend to talk a lot.
Well, I'm not sure how this works or who will even read this?!! I hope someone replies. Tee
by on May. 4, 2007 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
valentine214
by New Member on Jul. 20, 2007 at 9:14 AM
hi. I see you posted this some time back, but I just came across it and would like to chat........are you still on here???

Kathy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)