Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tons of Pics! Garden and seedlings

Posted by   + Show Post

Hello, I have been lurking in the background :)

I grew up with a veggie garden and since we just bought our first house and got out of our apartment we are now able to put in a garden!  I am so excited.

Here is the progress...

This was the garden area before.  We took down the play set (it was from the previous owners and very old and rickety anyways)

We are in Eastern Pa and apparently when we went to till the area it was all clay underneath so we decided to put in raised garden beds.  This pic is when we discovered the clay :(

My husband putting in the garden beds that he constructed

And then we put in most of the top soil (6 cubic yards) that we had delivered from a local company near us!  It was a labor of love.  We spent all day shoveling the dirt from the front yard and hauling it to the back yard.  We have one box left to fill and then tomorrow we will be tilling in manure and soil as well.

Now for the seedlings!  My first time growing from seeds

How do the seedlings look?  Well I guess they are not seedlings anymore, but how do they look?

by on Apr. 21, 2010 at 10:15 PM
Replies (11-14):
jenn1972
by on Apr. 27, 2010 at 8:46 AM

they look great and your boxes came out beautiful!!  Don't forget to share later when everything is planted and in bloom, the pictures will be gorgeous!!

JJones02
by Member on Apr. 24, 2011 at 9:40 PM

How awesome!

loisl25
by on Apr. 27, 2011 at 5:41 PM

Cool! Isn't it exciting! good

godsgirl26
by Member on May. 3, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Quoting Mommy2seven:

How wonderful hun.. you've got a great start!  Can't wait to see where you put everything and how its doing.  Your seedlings look wonderful :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN