• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bell peppers that aren't green?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:03 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 384 Total Views

I purchased a variety pack of sweet bell pepper seeds, in a multitude of colors.  I've got one plant that I noticed is producing pale yellow bell peppers and the baby peppers are not green, they're pale yellow!  Has anyone else seen or grown peppers like these?  Every other variety I've grown starts out as green and turns to the other color (red, bright yellow, orange, purple) when it's ripe.

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
norahsmommy
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:12 AM

some peppers end up a different color than they start out.  I am not very familiar with peppers though so thats all I know.

michiganmom116
by Garden Owner on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:27 PM

Wow, I learned something new today!  The Blushing Beauty pepper starts out pale yellow/ivory and turns red as it matures, so that's what I've got!

mystified1958
by on Aug. 10, 2010 at 5:29 PM

So you found a site for the name.  What does the pepper taste like?  Or is it too soon yet?  I only planted green peppers.  Now I am curious about yours.  You bought seed you say? 

michiganmom116
by Garden Owner on Aug. 10, 2010 at 6:27 PM

Quoting mystified1958:

So you found a site for the name.  What does the pepper taste like?  Or is it too soon yet?  I only planted green peppers.  Now I am curious about yours.  You bought seed you say? 

I bought a variety pack of seed from Gurney's.  I haven't tasted it yet because it's still "green".

bsflower13
by on Aug. 13, 2010 at 10:37 PM

I love colored peppers, they are so sweet. I believe that is very normal for your variety.

http://www.growitsaveituseit.com/

Brenda Snyder

ladybugLive,laugh,love

nananessa
by on Aug. 18, 2010 at 12:14 PM

I love the different bell peppers. I havent grown any yet. What kind of soil do they like?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)