Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to our new members!

We've had quite a few new ladies join our group and I'd like to extend a warm welcome to them!

Please, explore the group and feel free to ask any questions!  If there is something you're looking for, just ask.

Here's to a great gardening year in 2011!

by on Jan. 6, 2011 at 10:50 PM
Replies (21-30):
cainjes
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Ahhh! I didn't know you had this group! Great find...nice to see you here.

brassy
by on Jan. 28, 2012 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello everyone I am new here,I been gardning for at least 20 yrs ,Most days thats where you will find me,

jules8289
by New Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi everyone. New to the gardening group. Hope to find and share some cool gardening ideas. I live out in the country in NW Ohio just east of Toledo. DH and I have been gardening many years and always have a decent sized veggie and herb garden. We also can and freeze what we can as the season progresses. Glad to join the group! 

lavenderwitch
by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 7:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm new here.  I love to garden and have grown up around gardens and the gardening business.  I'm by far NOT an expert. And I differ often from my dad's opinion of chemicals to treat everything lol!

I love cooking/baking especially from scratch.  I love to read, sew, upcycle things, crochet when I can figure things out (long story), and watch really old movies.

michiganmom116
by Garden Owner on Jun. 17, 2014 at 7:27 AM

I feel the same way about chemicals and it's a fight with DH and Dad to keep them from using them on my garden.

Quoting lavenderwitch:

I'm new here.  I love to garden and have grown up around gardens and the gardening business.  I'm by far NOT an expert. And I differ often from my dad's opinion of chemicals to treat everything lol!

I love cooking/baking especially from scratch.  I love to read, sew, upcycle things, crochet when I can figure things out (long story), and watch really old movies.

opinionatedmom
by Garden co-owner on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:29 AM
Welcome to the group and feel free to share recipes.

Quoting jules8289:

Hi everyone. New to the gardening group. Hope to find and share some cool gardening ideas. I live out in the country in NW Ohio just east of Toledo. DH and I have been gardening many years and always have a decent sized veggie and herb garden. We also can and freeze what we can as the season progresses. Glad to join the group! 

whitewinterose
by New Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm new here as well. I love to garden, and feel it is a great way to ensure freshness for family. I have black raspberries  growing, wild cucumbers, and then in my garden this year I have eggplant, peppers, tomatoes, beans, peas, sugar snap peas, corn, carrots, dill, chives, green onions, and pumpkins. Some in ground, some in boxes. I don't have a lot of land, but I am working on making it work. I don't use any chemicals on them, and looking for other natural ways to add nutrients to them. Like what I have seen around here so far. 

opinionatedmom
by Garden co-owner on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:17 PM

I only do container gardening. I am growing a lot of everything.I use epsom salt and compost for nutrients as well as beer and fish oil.  Tums gives your tomatoes calcium, so do egg shells. interplanting or companion planting is a great way to give nutrients and control insects.  welcome to the group.

Quoting whitewinterose:

I'm new here as well. I love to garden, and feel it is a great way to ensure freshness for family. I have black raspberries  growing, wild cucumbers, and then in my garden this year I have eggplant, peppers, tomatoes, beans, peas, sugar snap peas, corn, carrots, dill, chives, green onions, and pumpkins. Some in ground, some in boxes. I don't have a lot of land, but I am working on making it work. I don't use any chemicals on them, and looking for other natural ways to add nutrients to them. Like what I have seen around here so far. 

whitewinterose
by New Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:25 PM

Thank you for the information! We just started looking at making a composter so that we could have that to use. But good news about the other things. 

Quoting opinionatedmom:

I only do container gardening. I am growing a lot of everything.I use epsom salt and compost for nutrients as well as beer and fish oil.  Tums gives your tomatoes calcium, so do egg shells. interplanting or companion planting is a great way to give nutrients and control insects.  welcome to the group.

Quoting whitewinterose:

opinionatedmom
by Garden co-owner on Jun. 18, 2014 at 11:17 PM

my composter is a ruber maid tub with worms in it.

Quoting whitewinterose:

Thank you for the information! We just started looking at making a composter so that we could have that to use. But good news about the other things. 

Quoting opinionatedmom:

Quoting whitewinterose:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)