Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Garden 2011

Posted by on May. 11, 2011 at 1:02 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 514 Total Views

A work in progress we moved it from last year....

One of my favorite flower..TULIPS

One of the potato boxes...My hubby built this and was against leaving the sides off. But they are still doing great and get plenty of sun so it works! I built one that has most of the sides up and is also doing well. We are suppose to have 3 boxes total but the last one hasn't been built yet.

Onions we planted during the fall. Most of the red ones were eaten by DEER. Our native deer will eat ANYTHING. The others are yellow onions.

Some of the transplants not quite ready to be planted.

One side of the garden. These 3 boxes will soon become one. For now we use the grassy area to walk on. Box to the left has peas middle one has berries (we didn't get a chance to move these but next year they will be moved to the berry area), and the one on the right has onions and soon tomatoes.

Mighty Raspberry. It had a rough year last year. The deer got to our raspberry plant too. We lost 2 of them. They are all protected and doing great considering.

This is the low side of the garden. This box in front here has some strawberries. It will be extended out and across.  This will eventually be all turned over and just a big area of DIRT...lol Lots of work since we are all doing it ourselves. It will be done by mid June...so says hubby...lol To the left is where the other boxes from the previous pictures are..The back fence goes all the way to the tree in the center.

Last but not least daffodils, just cause Im happy that these guys have bloomed! They are the last ones to bloom on our property. This is just in my back yard and not in the garden.

by on May. 11, 2011 at 1:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SanDiegoMaxMom
by on May. 11, 2011 at 1:06 AM

wow....you have a lot of room!  I'll bet you can't wait for your stuff to start producing!

michiganmom116
by Garden Owner on May. 11, 2011 at 9:19 AM

You have a big garden! NICE!

I love the flowers...finally spring is here!

JJones02
by Member on May. 11, 2011 at 9:55 AM

OH MAN! I WISH I had your lot!!! My husband wouldn't know what the hell to do with me and all of y plants!!!

JJones02
by Member on May. 11, 2011 at 9:55 AM

Everything looks great btw

BellaH10
by on May. 11, 2011 at 12:13 PM

Quoting SanDiegoMaxMom:

wow....you have a lot of room!  I'll bet you can't wait for your stuff to start producing!

Yes! Its still cool here and raining lots. So am limited on the seeds I can plant. SOON hopefully!

BellaH10
by on May. 11, 2011 at 12:14 PM

Quoting michiganmom116:

You have a big garden! NICE!

I love the flowers...finally spring is here!

I wish it were a tad warmer! But I love seeing the spring colors!! The daffodils I planted late fall. So the other ones I have around have bloomed and died these just bloomed last week!

BellaH10
by on May. 11, 2011 at 12:15 PM

Quoting JJones02:

OH MAN! I WISH I had your lot!!! My husband wouldn't know what the hell to do with me and all of y plants!!!

LOL....My hubby is worse than me. He wants it to be bigger. We have another garden on the lower part of our property too and that is thanks to him cause he didn't think this area was big enough. We use it for corn and melons.

BellaH10
by on May. 11, 2011 at 12:17 PM

Quoting JJones02:

Everything looks great btw

Thanks. Its getting there. Been raining and in the 50's-60's. Needs to warm up lots more!

Anellie
by on May. 11, 2011 at 4:10 PM

Love your garden, and it's huge!!!! clapping

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN