Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Finally pics of my 1st garden!

Posted by   + Show Post

I wasn't able to upload pics for awhile until now... so here it goes. Some before and after pics.

I planted broccoli, okra, collard greens, zucchini squash, romaine lettuce, another type of lettuce, tomatoes (Big boy and Roma), green pepper, yellow pepper, green onions and strawberries.

by on May. 25, 2011 at 9:06 PM
Replies (11-19):
Anellie
by on Jun. 3, 2011 at 11:41 AM

Yes, but hubby did most of the hard work! We found rocks, and old, huge dried up roots underneath!

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

Did you build the beds yourself? I love raised beds.

Anellie

Thank you!

Quoting BellaH10:

Everything is looking great!

Anellie

Thanks!!!

Quoting 2luckygirls:

looks great :)

Anellie
by on Jun. 3, 2011 at 12:05 PM

Hi there! My replies are in red below:

Quoting Joeygoat:

Question.  When did you begin your garden, planting in the raised bed and what is your grow zone, or what State do you live in?  I started working on the garden on March 21, but I  planted everything on the same day March 25, I live in South Carolina, Zone 7B.  I live in Alabama.   I planted similar crops (minus the okra) on May 8th, some seed, the beans, but small nursery plants, tomatoes and a the strawberries.  My crop is no where as full as yours is.  Do you fertilize it often and with what?  Not until 2 weeks ago that I started fertilizing. It's a bottle that I put on a special hose thingy that the fertilizer and water come out together. I'll back to you on the name. And how much sun, water and what are the local temperatures?  Sun? Humm, early hours of the day full sun, then it starts getting shade.  Temperatures were in the upper 70's back in March now it's upper 90's very hot! I am new to gardening and would appreciate any answers you have, or tip, ideas, etc..  My squash is that big, leave and have just begun to bloom. 

I'm new to gardening as well, this is my first year. I've read a lot and research on things I don't know. For instance, I didn't know that my romaine lettuce had bolted! I didn't harvest it every day when I should've. Right now, it's just there. I may use it to make compost.  My broccoli started to flower, and I did't know that either! LOL But I was able to harvest it, and now I'm getting shoots from it! So exciting. Another thing that I did was buy black mulch and I water in the mornings. I also harvest any of my vegetables at that time too.  Hope this helps!

SlapItHigh
by Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:56 AM

Looks awesome -- great job!

Anellie
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:14 AM

Thanks!

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Looks awesome -- great job!

JasNmicahsMommy
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 5:46 PM

Awesome!

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
Anellie
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Thanks!  Hi I couldn't help but checking out your signature. We're set to go to Disney in one month and 3 days !!! Enjoy your vacation!!!

Quoting JasNmicahsMommy:

Awesome!

momof4and1man
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 8:46 PM

wow, that is beautiful...congrats!!

you rock

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN