Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

gardening

by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 9:49 AM
Replies (31-36):
Aestas
by New Member on May. 26, 2013 at 5:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I wanted my daughter to understand what food it and where it comes from. Gardening helps re-connect us to the earth that sustains us, which I feel is something we've really lost as a society (in the US) in modern times. I also hope she'll be more likely to eat her veggies if she planted them, cared for them, and finally harvested them herself!

Like others have said, I find it relaxing, too, and rewarding. I love the feeling when you step outside and see that the eggplant or the cucumbers have suddenly taken off and gotten much bigger!

Other reasons: to save money (herbs especially are so expensive to buy fresh), to have an excuse to get outdoors every day, and to work toward eating as locally, organically, and sustainably as possible.

Tiff_03
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I love gardening because it's fun, relaxing and food to feed the family. I am hoping my little garden does great this year so I can do a bigger one next year!   HAPPY GARDENING!

LavenderMom23
by Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this
To teach my kids and save money, eat healthier
MaineMammax2
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this
It is a passion! I LOVE LOVE LOVE to garden and then can,jelly, pickle, cook and eat all of our efforts! Makes me so happy!The whole family gets involved. Just wish we had a longer growing season.
MaineMammax2
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I also love it for the sense of pride it gives us! We love to show off our garden. We had 50 leeks this year that are over 4 feet tall :)
joeannaanthony
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 9:00 AM

I have a big outdoor space where I have a garden space where I have planted all sorts of plants- vegetables, fruits and flowers of all colors and seasons. I love gardening and cannot spend a day without spending some time in my garden. It relaxes me and makes me stress- free. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)