Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

gardening

by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 9:49 AM
Replies (11-20):
godsgirl26
by Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 12:46 AM
4 moms liked this

I have a garden because i want to grow my own veggies (trying to save money). But also its so relaxing for me. i can be outside planting all day and just being in my own lil world is very calming.

SarahMkey
by Member on May. 21, 2012 at 2:57 AM
2 moms liked this

Ever since my son was born i have been very health conscious about what he eats... And this has been fueled even more so because of this documentary I seen on netflix called Food Ink.. Amazing movie changed my outlook on conventional food forever. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqQVll-MP3I

And its also amazing to know you can grow things out of the earth! Its brings me joy to watch things grow.. Love to be in my garden all day! And to know I'm teaching my son valuable lessons in life! I hope he will teach his kids to grow their own food also.

desert1
by on May. 21, 2012 at 4:15 PM
2 moms liked this

It makes feel closer to my childhood memories of my grandfather, he grew and raised everything to eat. I love the taste of home grown versus store bought. I love to watch it grow and it never ceases to amaze me that I helped grow that.

batmansgirl
by New Member on May. 27, 2012 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a garden for a couple of reasons. I've always been lucky growing plants, I find it grounds me. When the stresses of life become a bit much my gardneing relaxes and centers me. I love it!!

WesternNYmom
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a garden because I love growing my own fruit, veggies, and fresh herbs. My veggie patch saves me money on produce. Especially with tomatos. Our supermarket wants almost $4.00 a lb for beefsteak tomatos. I am not paying that price so I can have a slice of tomato on my sandwhich or for my salad.  Also there is nothing like a homegrown tomato, or cucumber.

Anellie
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 6:22 PM
3 moms liked this

• Therapy:  It's a relaxing hobby!  Love to work in my garden while my son plays in the yard. It can't get any better than that! 
  • Happiness:  The joy of watching a fruit or veggie come out of the result of your hard work and dedication.  Watching the seeds sprout into plants, and bear fruit or veggies! I call them my "other babies" LOL 
  • Health:  Being able to consume chemical free vegetables, get major exercise weeding, planting, tilling, etc.  
  • Educational:  Teach my son the joys of growing your own garden (He's 3 yrs. old) and  have him help me water and care for the plants. Love it when he asks, "Momma let's get some salad from the garden!" (Referring to the lettuce LOL)
  • Frugal:  Not having to pay top $ for something I can grow myself! 
smileber
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

It is not up yet, but we will be gardening to be able to afford all the fruits and veggies we want, save money from buying at the store and using the gas to get there, and have the comfort of knowing where our food comes from and how it was grown. (:

moroccanmommy
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Food..fun...connection
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom2the.rescue
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this

So I know what's going into the food my family eats and to save money :)

skippito
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Very simply put, it is my passion!!!! My girls have inherited my love of gardening also, which I am very happy about!!! I wish Maine had a longer growing season though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN