Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let's hear it for Lemons!

Posted by   + Show Post

Anyone growing a lemon tree this year? If so plz share your advice. Oh, & don't forget the garlic!

by on Mar. 21, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Replies (11-18):
amerslynn
by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Thanks! I'll check that out.

Quoting duets:

YES, lemon trees can be grown in a container for the indoors!  Here's a link which speaks of just that.

http://www.plantea.com/lemon-tree-indoor.htm

Quoting amerslynn:

I would love to have a lemon tree. You can grow them inside? My dd would love it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabearlehman
by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 7:28 PM
I was just saying that we should plant lemon and lime trees. We are putting an orange tree in the front yard in a few weeks. I'm so excited. What is the garlic and lemon thing? I'm new and have so much to learn
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
duets
by asst. gardener on Apr. 1, 2012 at 8:18 PM

"When planted by the base of lemon trees, garlic can help repel insects such as snails, aphids, moths and deer. Also, garlic has the natural fungicide sulfur that lemon trees will absorb through the roots, preventing disease such as mildew. When planting garlic by lemon trees that are already...."

Read more: How to Plant Garlic Next to Lemon Trees | Garden Guides http://www.gardenguides.com/121880-plant-garlic-next-lemon-trees.html#ixzz1qpzXdgGV

Welcome, it's companion gardening, which does both plants good.   Good luck on your citrus tree(s)!!!

Quoting mamabearlehman:

I was just saying that we should plant lemon and lime trees. We are putting an orange tree in the front yard in a few weeks. I'm so excited. What is the garlic and lemon thing? I'm new and have so much to learn

TexasWife
by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 10:50 PM

I have a lime tree. Well that is what the tag said. Thornless Mexican Lime Tree.Any helpful hints for a newbie?

Quoting michiganmom116:

Oh, I WISH!

We had a dwarf citrus tree, with oranges, lemons, and limes.  Never did get a lemon...just a lime and an orange.

I love lemons!

michiganmom116
by Garden Owner on Apr. 1, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Keep it watered.  Ours died b/c I forgot to water it....bad plant mama!

Quoting TexasWife:

I have a lime tree. Well that is what the tag said. Thornless Mexican Lime Tree.Any helpful hints for a newbie?

Quoting michiganmom116:

Oh, I WISH!

We had a dwarf citrus tree, with oranges, lemons, and limes.  Never did get a lemon...just a lime and an orange.

I love lemons!

duets
by asst. gardener on May. 3, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Oh, sorry Michiganmom, oh well, plant another!  Yes, by all means, remember to water!!!!!  I have mine by the front door, so I see it daily to remind me, lol.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Keep it watered.  Ours died b/c I forgot to water it....bad plant mama!

Quoting TexasWife:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Oh, I WISH!

I love lemons!

duets
by asst. gardener on May. 31, 2012 at 12:47 AM

The leaves on my lemon tree are turning kinda yellowish brown.  I am now deep watering it, I hope this helps.

http://www.botanicalgarden.ubc.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=15555

duets
by asst. gardener on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Epsom Salt does wonders for keeping the leaves green!  Place around the base of the trunk, then water.  Give it a day or so & you won't believe how healthy the leaves will look.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)