Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need help identifying pepper..*got the answer

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 3:39 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 524 Total Views

The little tag thing for a few of our pepper plants got lost and I have no idea what kind of peppers they are.  I can't do pics right now but here is description.   The pepper is very small - about the size of a cherry tomato.  Each plant only grew one pepper, and they started green but turn to red. Very firm.  Also, the peppers grew upside down, with super short stem. Haven't tried any yet to determine whether sweet or hot pepper.  

Any thoughts.

Thanks to mommydew, we have an answer :) It is a cherry hot pepper.  Thanks everyone for helpng! :)

by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TeaHound
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 7:54 PM

I'm no expert, but I'd say there's a strong possiblility those are habenaros.

tecsabates
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 11:19 PM

nope - I have a bunch of habaneros. Habaneros are more bell shaped and real wrinkly.  These are small, round, smooth and firm. 

Thanx tho.....This is driving crazy lol.  I spent an hour yesterday looking at pictures of peppers and never did see one that looks like these.

Quoting TeaHound:

TeaHound
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I'm sorry.  I'll bump you every day in hopes someone who knows will see your post. :)

Quoting tecsabates:

nope - I have a bunch of habaneros. Habaneros are more bell shaped and real wrinkly.  These are small, round, smooth and firm. 

Thanx tho.....This is driving crazy lol.  I spent an hour yesterday looking at pictures of peppers and never did see one that looks like these.

Quoting TeaHound:

tecsabates
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Thanx! :)

Quoting TeaHound:

I'm sorry.  I'll bump you every day in hopes someone who knows will see your post. :)

Quoting tecsabates:

Quoting TeaHound:

NWP
by assistant gardener on Jul. 29, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Give us a pic!

mommydew527
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 11:04 PM

It sounds like a cherry hot we have them in our garden and they look like cherry tomatos and they grew upside down with a short stem and they started out green then turned red.  Hope this helps

tecsabates
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 7:21 AM

Looked them up and -  We have a winner!! yay!!!  Judging by the pics I found, that is what they are :)  Thanks so much!

Quoting mommydew527:

It sounds like a cherry hot we have them in our garden and they look like cherry tomatos and they grew upside down with a short stem and they started out green then turned red.  Hope this helps

tecsabates
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 7:22 AM

I don't have a camera and the camera on my phone broke :(

Quoting NWP:

Give us a pic!

NWP
by assistant gardener on Jul. 30, 2012 at 7:44 AM

Ugh. Well when you get one, send it. I think we can better help you that way. Also, if you have a local extension office, they can tell you what it is if you bring them one.

Quoting tecsabates:

I don't have a camera and the camera on my phone broke :(

Quoting NWP:

Give us a pic!

Nice Widdle Puppy

TeaHound
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Here's your bump. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN