Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Charlie Brown Christmas Trees expected for next Christmas!

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:42 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 355 Total Views

Drought is hurting growth of Christmas Trees.  (Just reported on HLN news.)  Says the crops  will resemble 'Charlie Brown'type trees!!

by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
michiganmom116
by Garden Owner on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Hm.  Maybe in other states, but Michigan Christmas trees look really good this year!

duets
by asst. gardener on Aug. 8, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Oh, that's good!  HLN says ....it is a 7-10 yr growing cycle, so we shouldn't see an increase in the prices this upcoming Christmas; but maybe in next few yrs; but the farmer may be able to replant this Spring to offset the drought issues vs growth. 

Quoting michiganmom116:

Hm.  Maybe in other states, but Michigan Christmas trees look really good this year!

michiganmom116
by Garden Owner on Aug. 8, 2012 at 4:39 PM

We're in the middle of Christmas tree plantations and plenty of forests.  If I have to go cut down a tree in the forest, I can  LOL

Quoting duets:

Oh, that's good!  HLN says ....it is a 7-10 yr growing cycle, so we shouldn't see an increase in the prices this upcoming Christmas; but maybe in next few yrs; but the farmer may be able to replant this Spring to offset the drought issues vs growth. 

Quoting michiganmom116:

duets
by asst. gardener on Aug. 8, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Oh wow, I'd have a tree for every holiday, lol, or a Christmas tree in every room @ Christmas.

Quoting michiganmom116:

We're in the middle of Christmas tree plantations and plenty of forests.  If I have to go cut down a tree in the forest, I can  LOL

Quoting duets:

Quoting michiganmom116:

duets
by asst. gardener on Aug. 8, 2012 at 6:42 PM

The tree farmer on HLN is in Mason, Michigan; says he has lost about 4,000 trees so far due to drought.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN