Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nevada gardening gone bad!

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 11:02 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 230 Total Views

Don't know why our garden is doing soo bad this year!  I have done the same thing's I do every year past, but hardly worth the watering.  Tomatoes are doing great, as well as peppers and watermelon.  I can enter my corn in the world's smallest corn cob contest, green bean's are pathetic, as well asbeet's and turnip's.  Flowers on my cantaloupe, but no fruit...zuchinni and squash okay, but not near the amount's I usually get.  What's up?

by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 11:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
michiganmom116
by Garden Owner on Sep. 2, 2012 at 6:46 AM

It's a bad odd year for most gardens in the country.  My green beans, which usually produce VERY well, gave me barely enough for 3 meals...out of 180 feet of row!  My tomatoes (over 30 plants) will give me a few for salads here and there...if they ever ripen.  My corn is barely forming ears right now...and I've usually harvested and preserved all of my corn by now. 

I blame the odd weather this summer.

mross63
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 8:43 AM

I agree! Down here in Phoenix I've been able to get some cuckes and cantelope and a handful of cherry maters. Still waiting on melons to ripen! It's time to plant the winter garden, hope we don't get freezing temp's this year.

joanandgene
by New Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Did you rotate your crops?

duets
by asst. gardener on Sep. 14, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Hey Neighbor, NVadian here too.  My garden is beyond the pitiful stage.  Ugh.....only a few egplants, maters, green peppers to speak of. 

mikesmom65270
by master gardener on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:34 PM

This has been a totally bizarre year for gardening.  Hang in there!  Hopefully next year will be better. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)