Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sucsession gardening

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 12:14 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 149 Total Views

hit me with web sites so I can plan next years garden . thanks

by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Ametrine
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 10:50 AM

I have no idea what succession gardening even is!  LoL

ElectraSpy
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Check out smartgardener.com, its free & i'm loving it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
opinionatedmom
by Garden co-owner on Sep. 19, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Quoting ElectraSpy:

I like it but have a question. I have a lot of fence area I can use to do trellis planting for vining plants. how do I put this in my smartgardener layout???? any idea or how can I find out????

ElectraSpy
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 2:08 AM
Had that inquiry myself AND I found they charge you for "add-ons" like that. :/ Add-on charges for blueberries & many other things my garden already contains, making it costly & far from free for me. So. . . I mapped my gardens with their layout & printed them out for my binders.

Quoting opinionatedmom:

Quoting ElectraSpy:

I like it but have a question. I have a lot of fence area I can use to do trellis planting for vining plants. how do I put this in my smartgardener layout???? any idea or how can I find out????

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
opinionatedmom
by Garden co-owner on Sep. 21, 2012 at 2:21 AM

makes sense but how would I map the fence? use a 3x5 area? I also want to do for multiple people. like make enough I can sell it at a high amount quanity wise. plus do the sucsession and interplanting. I need to figure out if I am going to sell for income ex:how many tomatoe plants would I need to keep up with demand. I know I can add later but what would be a good starting point? I got started on this but haven't finished it yet cause I didn't know how to do the fences. I am thinking of using ex 3x5 to map the fence area. I.  know it would be trellising. I thought of maybe putting beans in that area since they are climbers but I know I can do more cause they are going to account for ground space not trellis space. any suggestions for this?

Quoting ElectraSpy:

Had that inquiry myself AND I found they charge you for "add-ons" like that. :/ Add-on charges for blueberries & many other things my garden already contains, making it costly & far from free for me. So. . . I mapped my gardens with their layout & printed them out for my binders.

Quoting opinionatedmom:

Quoting ElectraSpy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)