Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hit me with ideas (hint duets) or anybody else

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 1:30 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 228 Total Views

for vases, platters and crafts that could be used for a fruit and veggie tray, or flower vases or any country craft that can be used lets say in a farmers market sale. I am looking into wreaths too. pics would help but ideas in general are needed.

by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 1:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
NWP
by assistant gardener on Sep. 29, 2012 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Have you looked on pinterest? 

Ametrine
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 1:57 PM

I like to search on ebay's ended listings to find things that sold and for the amounts they fetched.

duets
by asst. gardener on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:36 PM

About 23 yrs ago, lol.... I made like 75 wreaths, country style to sell @ a craft fair in MS.  I purchased the straw wreaths @ Walmart & the decorated them to the hilt. (Halloween, T/G, Christmas themed)... Sad to report I only sold like 5.  Ugh, I guess the economy or the interest just wasn't there.  

I hope you have better luck!!!!

duets
by asst. gardener on Sep. 30, 2012 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Hmm, maybe look into small baskets to fill with fruit/veggies, then add floral pics....like for Halloween, Get Well, T/G, etc.  Add pretty bows with coordinting ribbons.   Pics can be found @ Walmart or Michael's for about a dollar.  Allow the patron to choose the pic, too.

Fall Cupcake Picks - Holiday Food Picks

http://www.michaels.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-Michaels-Site/default/Default-Start

Michael's offers coupons in Sunday paper & online too.

Another cute idea, have a jar with flower pencils (silk flower(s) taped to the end of pens)  for the patron to use, it wll add whimsy & creativity to the check-out desk, & keep your pens from walking off, lol 

Also, depending upon your budget, could have name & phone # of your business put on the pens..... for like a freebie to the first 50 patrons.

Another idea....have a tray of like bakery cookies or doughnuts to sample which sometimes helps lure folks to your area of sale....like in a farmer's market with many competing booths to choose from.   

Fun Floral Pens, medium

NWP
by assistant gardener on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:09 PM

We may be able to help you better if you gave more information. Are you looking to sell veggies at a farmer's market or sell crafts?

opinionatedmom
by Garden co-owner on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Quoting NWP:

We may be able to help you better if you gave more information. Are you looking to sell veggies at a farmer's market or sell crafts?

I am wanting to set up a sotre in my back yard. it will be a cross of sellingfresh fruits and veggie, veggie trays, flower boquets so I need cute ideas for vases and like deli trays that are crafty type. I can use my flowers for like  wreaths. I need other cute ideas lets say someone comes in to buy some flowers for a bday, and a fruit and veggie tray for theparty if I had some cute craft ideas they could also sell a bday present. or anniversaries. they are going to buy the fruit and vege trays with the flowers a gift to go along with it. graduation the same thing or lets say a prom party , a baby shower. most of the crafts I am looking for are going to be for special occasions. or a crafty vase, or fruit or veggie platters.

NWP
by assistant gardener on Oct. 1, 2012 at 7:57 PM

I would definitely hit up the thrift stores for vases and trays. Pinterest has some terrific ideas on how to jazz up old vases. You could also do something with recycled cans sans the labels. Covering them with jute or rope/ribbon is cute. When Easter comes, be sure to pick up all the leftover baskets when they go on sale. You can also look for things on Freecycle. It is a great website for getting free stuff.

Quoting opinionatedmom:

Quoting NWP:

I am wanting to set up a sotre in my back yard. it will be a cross of sellingfresh fruits and veggie, veggie trays, flower boquets so I need cute ideas for vases and like deli trays that are crafty type. I can use my flowers for like  wreaths. I need other cute ideas lets say someone comes in to buy some flowers for a bday, and a fruit and veggie tray for theparty if I had some cute craft ideas they could also sell a bday present. or anniversaries. they are going to buy the fruit and vege trays with the flowers a gift to go along with it. graduation the same thing or lets say a prom party , a baby shower. most of the crafts I am looking for are going to be for special occasions. or a crafty vase, or fruit or veggie platters.

New World Peace

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)