Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gardening by the Moon

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 1:15 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 155 Total Views

I just heard a talk at the Mother Earth News festival in Seven Springs, PA about gardening by the moon.  Does anyone follow it?

by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
NWP
by assistant gardener on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:11 PM

My neighbor did. She swore by it. Learned it from her grandpa. I don't know much about it. 

nosborne
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:13 AM

I heard of it last year from my sister.  She tried it a couple years ago, and swears by it.  I haven't looked into it though.

joanandgene
by New Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I just finished planting my garlic bulbs today.  According to the moon calendar which you can get for free over the Internet, today is a good day for planting bulbs.  Any kind of bulbs or perennials.  I planted garlic a few years ago in the fall and they grew but not to the large size I wanted.  Who knew you have to start w/large bulbs and peal the skin off to start these off. Oh well,  I think I did it right this time.                                   Time will tell................

Kilhara
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:34 PM

I think about it occasionally, but I garden when I have the spare time, so gardening by the moon consistently doesn't really work for me, and I have not really noticed a difference when I do manage it, but then again I don't keep good records either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)