Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help my fruit trees

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:15 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 204 Total Views

help my dwarf trees that were container planted got broke. 2 were banana trees and I brought them in cause of the freeze. they had nastriums growing n them and the cat kept trying to eat them. so Ihad my oldest sons door closed to keep the cat out. my 4 yr old opened it nd the cat went in to eat the nastriumsand broke my tree away from the roots. they did have a good rooting going and I went to brace my apple dwarf so it would grow straight and I broke it. it also had agood root system. can these be saved. can I get the stick to reroot or the roots to start growing again????? or did I lose $100 worth of trees?

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Lindsi19
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:02 AM
The banana shouldn't have a problem regrowing, although with the weather getting colder I would just store it in a cool dark place so it will go dormant. Once it starts getting warm again it will take off. Just be sure to keep it pretty dry. I'm not sure about the Apple tree. I would assume it will retrieved, but it may take a long time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lindsi19
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:04 AM
On another note, I would not plant anything in the pots with your fruit trees.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
opinionatedmom
by Garden co-owner on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Quoting Lindsi19:

should I pull the nastruims out. I also have garlic withmy apple tree for insect control

Lindsi19
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:05 PM
Yes I would pull them all out. Fruit trees are big feeders and anything planted with them could be taking vital nutrients from them.

Quoting opinionatedmom:

Quoting Lindsi19:

should I pull the nastruims out. I also have garlic withmy apple tree for insect control

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
opinionatedmom
by Garden co-owner on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:22 PM

ok thanks

Quoting Lindsi19:

Yes I would pull them all out. Fruit trees are big feeders and anything planted with them could be taking vital nutrients from them.

Quoting opinionatedmom:

Quoting Lindsi19:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)