Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This year...

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:36 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 242 Total Views

will you be planting something new that you haven't tried before?

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Garden Owner on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:37 PM
I've been wanting to try yellow (gold) beets, so if I can find an heirloom variety then I will plant those.
Ell564
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Well i am doing the garlic thing and then I am thinking about the lemon tree in a pot.  Found that on pinterest.  

JasNmicahsMommy
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Potatoes. I haven't tried them yet but heard its fairly easy.

inluvwcntryby
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm hoping to try strawberries and blueberries this year.  I know they won't produce this year, but I'm hoping that they will eventually.

_Mrs.H_
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this

We always make it a point to grow something new.  We usually let each kid pick out something at the nursery.  So we don't know what it will be until we get there. :)

Lindsi19
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this
My dad got me a papaya plant for Christmas so that will be added to my growing collection of potted fruit. I have been wanting to plant some blueberries so hopefully I will get around to that this year. I also really want to try asparagus.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Garden Owner on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Quoting Lindsi19:

My dad got me a papaya plant for Christmas so that will be added to my growing collection of potted fruit. I have been wanting to plant some blueberries so hopefully I will get around to that this year. I also really want to try asparagus.

Are the potted fruit plants kept indoors?

Lindsi19
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this
In the winter my peach trees stay outside, bananas go in the garage where it's dark and cool. My Meyer lemon and papaya are in a sunny window in the house. In the summer they all go outside.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting Lindsi19:

Are the potted fruit plants kept indoors?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kilhara
by Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:14 AM

I think I am going to re-try eggplants.  I did try once before, but only got 2 little skinny eggplants total.

duets
by asst. gardener on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:58 PM

I put out a potted dwarf Meyer Lemon tree last year.  So far, so good.  It's still too small to produce lemons....but here's hoping.  The bestest thing you can do for your lemon tree is, apply Epsom salts, about every 3wks or so, prior to watering.  Good luck!   

Quoting Ell564:

Well i am doing the garlic thing and then I am thinking about the lemon tree in a pot.  Found that on pinterest.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)