Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raised Gardens ?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:57 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 104 Total Views

Do any of you do raised veggie gardens? My hubby and I are putting in our first Veggie garden this year and we are starting to plan now. What are the benefits to have a raised garden as opposed to a traditional garden? Thank you ladies . 

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
michiganmom116
by Garden Owner on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this
If done right, the raised garden beds won't have as many weeds. They allow you to build your own soil in the bed instead of relying on yard soil. You also won't have to bend over as far to weed, and they look very nice.
MissyLucas
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:29 PM

we did a traditional garden last year and we were over taken by weed about half way through the summer (I had my DD couldn't tend as much) but this year after research we have decided to do a raised bed and I already love it. It looks better and it was easier to get the soil prepared for planting and that is just the beginning. I know that from now on I will do a raised bed

opinionatedmom
by Garden co-owner on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:40 AM

check out square foot gardening basically a raised garden. that is what I am trying to do this year. you get more in less space and fewer weeds and the weeds are easier to detect.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)