Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This post will be for a seed swap.  You can post any seeds you have that you are willing to swap or any that you are looking for and other members can contact you through the CM messages system.

There will be some rules, though:

Seed SWAP means you don't charge money for the seeds.  You SWAP them or you can choose to give them to the other person.  That is between the two of you and I'd prefer that you don't discuss it in this post.  I see no problem with asking for a self-addressed stamped envelope or for postage, though. 

When listing your seeds to swap, please list variety if you know it, approximately how many seeds you have available, and the year they were packaged.  REMEMBER:  the older the seeds, the lower the germination rate might be.  There will be no guarantees.

If listing seeds you want, you can specify variety, heirloom, etc.

If you are swapping seeds you've saved, they must be hand picked and air dried.

Do NOT list seeds from hybrid plants that you collected personally, only the commercially packaged seeds for a hybrid variety can be swapped.  Please list whether the seeds are hybrid, too.

As you swap the seeds, please cross them off your listing or remove them when you send them out.

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:17 AM
Replies (11-16):
ashley1693
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:24 PM

I would love to grow tomato.

I'll post what I have when I get home and have time (latter tonight or first thing tomorrow)

Quoting LoveOfSign:

I have heirloom everglades tomato seeds, I have roughly 35 or so, 10 per person. Just air dried today.

This is my 1st time saving seeds, while I'm confident that I saved/stored them properly I'd like to just give these away to those that would like them. :)

LoveOfSign
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:20 PM

just pm me your address and I'll mail em out :) I'll browse through your list when you post and see if anything catches my eye, but either way I'll send some seeds your way! happy to share! :) forgot to add it but they're not big, they're tiny like "cheery tomatos", very yummy :)

Quoting ashley1693:

I'll post what I have when I get home and have time (latter tonight or first thing tomorrow)

Quoting LoveOfSign:

I have heirloom everglades tomato seeds, I have roughly 35 or so, 10 per person. Just air dried today.

This is my 1st time saving seeds, while I'm confident that I saved/stored them properly I'd like to just give these away to those that would like them. :)

Deogie1113
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 2:37 PM

long story short I deleted loveofsign-PM me here if you want seeds!

Quoting LoveOfSign:

ETA: bushy tomato plant-small 'cherry' sized tomatos :) if you cage them.. do it early on.. mine is all over.. lesson learned -very fun either way :P lol

ashley1693
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 12:11 PM

I am so sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Things have just been crazy. It's been one thing after another. Again I'm so sorry. I sent you a pm with my adress if you still have the seeds.

I have:

Aster (mixed colors)

Dianthus (Pink)

Sunflower (Giant Grey Stripe)

Shasta Daisy

Aster (Crego Giant Mix)

Bachelor button (Double Mix)

Marigold (yellow) X2

Marigold (Crackerjack Mixed colors)

Marigold (French Dwarf Double Mixed Colors)

Cosmos (Bright Lights Mixed)

Cosomos (Sensation Mixed Colors) X2

Morning Glory (Hevenly Blue)

Petunia (Choice Mix)

Larkspur (Regal Mix)

Zinnia (California Giant Mix)

Forget Me Nots X3

Aser (Crego Mix)

Dahlia (Rainbow Mixed Colors)

Pepper (Hot Mix)

Watermelon

Anaheim Chili Pepper

Cucumber (National Pickling)

Pepper (California Wonder)

Iceberg Lettuce

Quoting LoveOfSign:

just pm me your address and I'll mail em out :) I'll browse through your list when you post and see if anything catches my eye, but either way I'll send some seeds your way! happy to share! :) forgot to add it but they're not big, they're tiny like "cheery tomatos", very yummy :)

Quoting ashley1693:

Quoting LoveOfSign:

ashley1693
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 12:12 PM

This is what I have right now if anyone wants anything.

I have:

Aster (mixed colors)

Dianthus (Pink)

Sunflower (Giant Grey Stripe)

Shasta Daisy

Aster (Crego Giant Mix)

Bachelor button (Double Mix)

Marigold (yellow) X2

Marigold (Crackerjack Mixed colors)

Marigold (French Dwarf Double Mixed Colors)

Cosmos (Bright Lights Mixed)

Cosomos (Sensation Mixed Colors) X2

Morning Glory (Hevenly Blue)

Petunia (Choice Mix)

Larkspur (Regal Mix)

Zinnia (California Giant Mix)

Forget Me Nots X3

Aser (Crego Mix)

Dahlia (Rainbow Mixed Colors)

Pepper (Hot Mix)

Watermelon

Anaheim Chili Pepper

Cucumber (National Pickling)

Pepper (California Wonder)

Iceberg Lettuce

ashley1693
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 12:14 PM

I am so sorry it took me so long to get back to you sooner. I quoted your other screen name with the list of seeds I have. I'll send you a pm wih my info. Thank you so much.

Quoting Deogie1113:

long story short I deleted loveofsign-PM me here if you want seeds!

Quoting LoveOfSign:

ETA: bushy tomato plant-small 'cherry' sized tomatos :) if you cage them.. do it early on.. mine is all over.. lesson learned -very fun either way :P lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)