Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Almanac?

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:30 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 95 Total Views
Does anyone here garden by the almanac? I love this group idk why i'm not in here more often. My nieghbor was telling me what days are food to plant by his almanac. But the days he told me it was raining every day. And i can't ever read the almanac right. I have to have an interpreter lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kimbee5
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:47 AM

I have never even looked at one.....when we lived in California we planted the week after rodeo.....so last weekend in April.....it is always super hot or pouring rain rodeo weekend so we waited until that was over....

my family is a family of ranching....we always marked and branded by the sign....

michiganmom116
by Garden Owner on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I use the "planting by the moon" guide on almanac.com, although I start my seeds a month early.  Last year I started the seeds the week they were "supposed" to be started and they just grew lousy.  This year I'm doing what I always do:  start a month early, start in peat pellets then move to a styrofoam cup filled with potting soil until time to go into the garden.

There's an old saying to plant peas on Good Friday in our area....HA!  The ground isn't even thawed yet.

duets
by asst. gardener on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:08 AM

Last year I used the Almanac.  I found it to be a very helpful source, plus it puts me in the mood, which I need this year, since I'm behind!! 

reading

jlinville30
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:49 PM

There is an Almanac??? Why was I not told about this? :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN