Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good Job!

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:48 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 183 Total Views
1 mom liked this

It looks like the group is getting more active -- keep it up!  It would also be nice to see the activity continue even after the gardening season ends for most of us.  There are plenty of things that can be done to extend the season and things that can be done in the winter such as winter sowing, indoor gardening, etc. 

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
michiganmom116
by Garden Owner on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:57 PM

I know little to nothing about winter sowing....we usually get FEET of snow here.  Is it still something I could do?

mikesmom65270
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:38 PM

I've done some although didn't do any last year.  I'll post something about it later.  It utilizes containers with lids to get the seeds started.  Basically, anything that comes up volunteer would work witht his method.

Quoting michiganmom116:

I know little to nothing about winter sowing....we usually get FEET of snow here.  Is it still something I could do?

EMKARE
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:25 AM
I am so interested in cold frames; I plan to try it this year for the first time.
michiganmom116
by Garden Owner on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Quoting EMKARE:

I am so interested in cold frames; I plan to try it this year for the first time.

I'm thinking of cold frames as another option for winter gardening.

opinionatedmom
by Garden co-owner on Jul. 18, 2013 at 2:02 AM
I want to do year round gardening too. Will try to help withlinks after I get moved.
Stacie03
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I was going to try and find time to look into cold frames too.  I'm also in Michigan though so not sure if it's an option...

I would love a heated green house one day.  A girl can dream right. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)