Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First Tomato of the Summer!

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:26 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 261 Total Views
3 moms liked this

We picked the first red tomato last night and it was absolutely the most delicious thing I have eaten since last summer!  We have another turning, should be ready soon.  I have 15 plants, so will have loads before long.  Last night we also had beets and green beans from the garden, made a salad with (store-bought ) lettuce and broccoli and sugar snap peas. 

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
michiganmom116
by Garden Owner on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:40 PM

We picked the first tomato this past weekend and let my granddaughter (19 months old) carry it to the house.  By the time we got to the house she'd eaten most of it!  LOL

Jenn77781
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:16 PM

That's great! We have picked a couple so far and there are tons growing now. :)

opinionatedmom
by Garden co-owner on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:50 PM
I have tomatoes but not a red one yet and I am in the south. Poo on you guys.
mikesmom65270
by master gardener on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:05 PM

I'm in central Missouri, but we had a very cold and wet spring.  I put in the tomato plants the middle of May.  It also depends on variety, that one was a Better Boy but I have several varieties including many heirloom types.

Quoting opinionatedmom:

I have tomatoes but not a red one yet and I am in the south. Poo on you guys.

carebear10993
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Lucky we have so many plants( think 50 or more) and only green matoes some have started rotting due to all the rain. We did  bring in some to ripen in the window sill and that seems to be working well.. :) I'm glad someone is getting stuff from their gardens.. So fair we've got corn, beets, greens, potatoes, and tons of different kinds of squash and cucumbers. oh and green beans.

CMcLaws
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I got my first one the other day, also! I am going to use it tonight to make a margarita pizza!!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)