Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Happy New Year

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:03 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 157 Total Views

Anyone planning their garden yet?  Lol, I am...I still have beets out there that are buried under the snow.

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sistyugler
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 8:14 AM

I live in Fl...so, I'm now harvesting my winter veggies. Cabbage,radishes, green onions and broccoli.  My tomatoes aren't quite ready yet.

I love the south!!!!

So far, I've only grown things in containers. This year I think I'll actually plant in the ground. I have a large backyard and it's a shame to let it go to waste when I can be benefitting from it. Plus it's good exercise....Ugh!

plant a tree

momofj
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 9:38 AM

I am so jealous of you in Florida. We live in MO, and can't even think about gardening for at least 4 months.   I wanna be in the dirt :)

ginal966
by on Jan. 4, 2009 at 9:02 AM

I to am jealous, I  can't even think of starter plants inside for any other two months.  But, my husband is moving the tomato garden to a more sunny spot.   That way we have more room for the plants that get burned bu the sun. It seems the wind gets the tomatoes the most so we are going to move them to a place that is out of the wind.  More green beans, cucumbers, pumpkins and corn.  I can't wait.  Maybe this year will have more strawberries and apples.  i CAN'T WAIT.   Here's to any early wet spring.

SallyB_LMT
by on Jan. 7, 2009 at 3:13 PM

My dh laughed at me because I am plotting out my garden now...I probably won't be able to plant for at least 4 months.  Ugh, I hate waiting...  On the positive...he said I can get chickens this year and I have been looking up regulations. As long as it's less than 3 we don't have to get a livestock permit for the city and we can have a small coop.  Now, I just have to get my landlady to approve it...maybe we can move...lmao

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)