Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Cure for stuffy, runny nose in 16 month old?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2009 at 2:41 PM
  • 5 Replies

My poor son has been sick since Saturday. He still has thick green snot just pouring out his nose which makes him cough, and makes it very hard for him to nurse and sleep...

Anything to clear this up?? I have saline drops but does that really work??

Hi!! My name is Erin, I'm 24, a mother of 2 kids- Kylie (3) and Lucas (1), creator of The Kylie Wrap, loving wife to Matt and trying to conceive a 3rd bundle of joy while still nursing my son. I am a beleiver of attachment parenting. I am a non-cio, extended breastfeeding, co-sleeping, drama-free, silly, sweet mama who is always looking for new friends :o)

by on Oct. 9, 2009 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LKRA
by on Oct. 9, 2009 at 2:49 PM

Breastmilk will work better than saline drops. Clear it right up.

obrn4u
by on Oct. 9, 2009 at 2:50 PM

The saline drops won't "cure" obviously, but they work nice to thin the mucus so you can suck it out with the bulb syringe.Vaporizer and fluids, fluids, fluids.

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Oct. 9, 2009 at 8:37 PM

wave

Thank you for posting on the group!  We're glad you're here!

You may also want to post on  these CafeMom Groups:
Advice for Moms

Medical questions

We suggest joining and meeting other Moms in these Recommended Groups, too!

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

The search bar at the top of every page can be used to search for specific information.

We hope you're enjoying the site!

- The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

sweetnsassymami
by Diabla on Oct. 9, 2009 at 8:39 PM

it will help....with an aspirator. a humidifier or if you don't have one steam up the bathroom it will drain it all out. Or baby vicks or you can get the vapor bath by johnson and johnson. they also make vicks plug ins. hope he feels better.

ZiemMya2
by on Oct. 9, 2009 at 8:43 PM

Everything you named i used and it worked for a little while.. But since the snot is green that means infection and he will need to get an antibiotic.. My son just had the same problem for 2 weeks and now he is on antibiotic it cleared up so good.. But the baby Vicks and the Johnson and Johnson vapor bath really works.. I had it in the cabinet for like 3 months and never used it and once i used it i was amazed!!!

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

it will help....with an aspirator. a humidifier or if you don't have one steam up the bathroom it will drain it all out. Or baby vicks or you can get the vapor bath by johnson and johnson. they also make vicks plug ins. hope he feels better.

Loving Mom 2.. Amiah & Ziem

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)