Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

please help possible concussion

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:00 AM
  • 6 Replies

ok i'm really freaking out right now my best friend is in the hospital with a possible concussion and she hasn't been seen yet and its been four hours since she got there, i think she has a concussion because she tripped and fell friday night early saturday morning and hit her face on the concrete, she hit her nose and mouth and they are really swollen, she blacked out for awhile came to and vomited she came home and vomited again she came over to my house and seemed kinda out of it she ate like normal then she said she started to feel light headed and nauseated then she threw up she threw up again on her way home, this morning she said she had a headache and a couple of hours later she blacked out again so she went to the hospital and threw up again this time it was blood i think she might have a concussion but the stupid hospital still hasn;t seen her and its been 4 hours since she got there what does this sound like to you all

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Lauren24
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:01 AM

Concussion! I have had 4. They are terrible. Hope she feels better!

AryssasMommy
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:02 AM

Is she still in the waiting room? If so I would have her leave call an ambulance and she will be seen immediatly when the ambulance arrives at the hospital. 

CafeMom Tickers
OneToughMami
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:04 AM

I am just curious but why didn't she go when she blacked out the first time!? Just that fall alone should have been enough for someone to take her to get checked. I really hope she is okay, concussions can be dangerous, for obvious reasons, that's your brain up there. Not only that, vomiting blood is never good. 

queenamy
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:05 AM

exactly

Quoting AryssasMommy:

Is she still in the waiting room? If so I would have her leave call an ambulance and she will be seen immediatly when the ambulance arrives at the hospital. 

sagi6666
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:07 AM

Did you happen to notice her pupils by any chance? If one is dialated and the other is constricted, she could possibly have more than just a concussion...She could of hit hard enough to damage a part of her brain as well...That's not good...I hope for god's sake it's only a concussion...I hope she gets better real soon...Poor thing...:(

edwardsgirl
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:10 AM

sounds like a concussion to me, but also sounds like she has a brain bleed or possible swelling of the brain.

they shouldn't make her wait if she was honest and told them everything that happened and with the vomiting of blood...never good.

If they are that backed up; she needs to go elsewhere.

she really should of went after she threw up the first time and most defintely once she blacked out. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)