Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weird Question- but its REALLY REALLY got me wondering.

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:45 AM
  • 7 Replies

Poll

Question: What does it do ?

Options:

constipates you - i know from experiance

constipate- from what I hear

gives you the runs - I know from experiance

gives you the runs - from what I hear

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 12

View Results

I was always told that too much chocolate can be like a laxative and gives you the runs, but latley I have heard more people say that it makes you consitpated.

Now Im confused

but dont want to experiment either HAHAHA

do you know ?

big smile miniI love editing photos ! If you would like one done send me a PM big smile mini

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
KaraThrace
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:46 AM

neither.. I have never had a problem eating lots of chocolate.. And believe me.. I used to always eat chocolate.. :P

Schleetle
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:46 AM

LoL... I have never heard, or experienced any of those things from chocolate... Well except I have heard of chocolate laxatives so I guess I'll say gives you the runs.

Pregnancy Ticker

NavyWifey122305
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:50 AM

well growing up all the adults would tell us kids " dont eat too much chocolate or you will get the runs"

But the other day my friend said that she was told it would constipate you

i dont know why but its just floating in my head haunting me now LOL

Quoting Schleetle:

LoL... I have never heard, or experienced any of those things from chocolate... Well except I have heard of chocolate laxatives so I guess I'll say gives you the runs.

big smile miniI love editing photos ! If you would like one done send me a PM big smile mini

Brat111507
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:52 AM

it would depend on the type of chocolate that is being over indulged. Higher fat contents such a milk chocolate versus dark chocolate. Also it would depend on the sugars in the chocolate as to the effects on the digestive tract. Some more refined chocolates are easier on the individual and are easier to digest. Personally- Iv enever had either issue with any chocolates I have consumed- and there have been a wide variety from around the world. So its hard to tell.

sniklefritz
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:07 AM

L.O.L. it'll make you shit like a goose...EXPERIENCE!

babie113
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:12 AM

it makes me constipated it could differ from person to person

mychinababy
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:18 AM

Won't do either of those to me but in my family eating a lot of chocolate makes any of us break out with pimples :) When I was younger halloween/Christmas time my face would always looke like a Christmas tree lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)