Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight loss tips????

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:42 AM
  • 15 Replies

I was wondering if anyone would share their weight loss tips with me. Whether it be to loose a quick 10 lbs or a constant weight loss. I am fat, I know that, I admit it and I know why I am. I eat way to much because I LOVE food. It is time to change though I can't keep doing this. It is unhealthy. I know I need to exercise and eat right but are their any tips as far as good things to eat that help? I work full-time, do all of the housework, take care of my 8 year old boy and 3 month old girl who thinks she doesn't have to sleep at night. Not making excuses just giving all of the facts.

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:46 AM

replace all your drinks with just water, stop eating @ 6pm, only eat till your content and not stuffed (that's a hard one for me), I bought a girdle type thing and but it on everyday and it makes my belly sweat a lot and it also helps with me eating a lot less. GOOD LUCK!

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:48 AM

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers

Mother to Kylie (7-7-07) and TTC our boy:)
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:48 AM

Good luck... I know I am over weight too and always have an excuse today I decided I would wear ankle weights to try and burn a couple extra calories because its to cold for me outside. I have been cleaning house for a couple hours and just working on it one day at a time

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:43 AM

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:43 AM

i just added a post about coconut oil! its the best thing ever i have about 30lbs to lose and i have lost 8 in a week and a half

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:48 AM

Keep a food journal.  It will help keep you honest about what you are putting in your mouth each day.. also you can bitch about things too in there... :) Helps :) Ive lost 13 pounds in about 4 weeks just by doing that and walking a few times a week..  Just baby steps.. Set a realistic goal... and strive for it.. but dont beat yourself up every step of the way... :)

by danger will robinson on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:51 AM

I don't know how much weight I've lost so far, I don't have a scale and I've only been doing this for about a week and a half. I had stomach virus and just couldn't eat as much anymore after lol. So, I started eating the 5-6 small meals a day. I've also been taking a vitamin b complex every morning and drinking a lot of water. I feel like I've lost weight, but I'm not sure yet. In any case I do feel a LOT better. I have so much energy I've been doing yard work and going on walks, but all in all I just feel overall healthier. I eat a little bit at a time but I do eat often, before I know it its time to eat again. I feel like I'm eating a lot but I'm keeping my meals under 500 calories. I still feel like I'm getting a lot of calories, some days more than others but looking back on it, I used to consume WAY too many. I'm going to see my aunt today, and she'll always tell me if she thinks I've lost weight or something before I ask her, so if you want I can update you later and let you know if I at least look like I've lost anything or not. One other thing, DO switch to whole wheat bread, it will keep you full longer. I switched to whole wheat, and started loving it, and then started breaking out in hives. I've always had a mild wheat allergy but never really had any symptoms but I guess the whole wheat is too much for me which king of sucks because I like it.

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:51 AM

I lost 50+lbs in 7 months and I'm still losing! I have been overweight my entire life, so I have been there and done that. I have tried every diet out there. You name it, I probably did it but nothing worked for me. I was on the Southbeach Diet for a while and lost a few pounds but gained it all back.

Nine months ago, I decided to start researching on what was making me fat...What kept on the pounds and come to find out, everything I ate was preventing me from losing weight. So, I'm going to tell you what I did and may be it will inspire you.

I became a vegetarian. I was a meat eater my entire life, never second-guessed it. But on top of being loaded with hormones, meat is not easy for the body to digest. (I'm not telling you to become a vegetarian, because people have different limits and preferences. It is a personal choice for me and I have no regrets on my decision. I feel fantastic.)

I gave up sugar. I was one of those women that ate chocolate religiously and my body went through withdrawal when quit eating it. It was the hardest thing to give up but when a massive sugar craving hit, I reached for some pineapple. Pineapple is one of the most awesome foods because it is so sweet. It is my new addiction. It took about two weeks to get over the need for simple sugars like candy but I did. I retrained my body so it no longer craves it and I'm free to have a Hershey's kiss without wanting to eat the whole bag. Another thing about sugar is the actual product. If possible, stay away from white refined and go with organic evaporated cane. It tastes just as good and isn't processed with chemicals.

I started moving more. I'm sedintary. Always have been and always will be. I'm a writer, so I'm sitting at my computer most of the time. But I make time for yoga and walking. If I don't fee like doing it, I force myself to do it. I suck it up and get it done. Yoga is my favorite because it's easy on the joints.

That's it. That is all I've done to lose my weight along with making the right food choices. So these are below:

Stay away from fast food - for obvious reasons.

Frozen food isn't always great for you because it is loaded with preservatives which are nothing but horrible chemicals.

Whole grain everything!

Quality is more important that quantity. This involves food and excercise. If you are half-assing your workouts or not stretching to the fullest potential, you're not going to see results. If you have a McDonald's cheeseburger but that's the only thing you've had to eat today, you would have been better off eating a salad and some veggies with yogurt for dessert. You see what I'm saying?

Stay away from soda. It is poison.

Snack on almonds. It contributes to shedding body fat.

Eat slowly! It takes a while for your brain to process that your stomach is full. I believe the time is twenty minutes. If you have trouble slowing down, eat with chopsticks until you have retrained yourself.

A moderately sized handful of peanuts, thirty minutes before you eat, will send a message to your brain making you feel more full than you were before. There is a chemical in peanuts that does this. It always works for me!

Don't eat out of boredom. I still do this sometimes. I'll go to the pantry and start looking but I always ask myself, "Am I really hungry or am I just eating because I'm bored?"

I hope this helps. Good luck!

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:04 AM

Here's some things that have helped for me.  You have to eat 3 square meals a day and two healthy snacks.  Just a couple of meal/snack ideas that not only taste good but are good for you.

Eat breakfast within an hour of waking up.  Eat an egg white only omelet with reduced-fat cheese, veggies (like peppers, onions, spinach, mushrooms), and then have 1-2 pieces TURKEY bacon (it's actually really good).

Eat a lite snack (maybe air popped popcorn...NO extra butter NO extra salt) in between breakfast and lunch.

For lunch eat a small salad with vinegarette dressing (it's better for you.

Afternoon Snack could be 10 almonds with a string cheese or some yogurt.

Then dinner you can make baked chicken with instant brown rice and some veggies.

Stay away from white anything.  White bread, white rice, white flour, it's all bad for you.  Another thing that helps is drink a full glass of water before you eat anything.  It fills you up so you eat less. 

Another tip...take your kids (if they're young) and go on a walk everyday.  Sorry it's so long but I hope it helps.  If you need any meal ideas I have thousands.  SM me!  Good luck to all you big ad beautiful ladies that would like to lose a little weight.  I'm right there with you...and just remember....BIG IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:36 AM

Quoting Hot_Mama06:

Stay away from white anything.  White bread, white rice, white flour, it's all bad for you. 

That is my biggest problem I love white everything, bread, rice, flour, pasta, potatoes. You name it anything like that I love.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)