Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spotting?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:35 AM
  • 17 Replies

Well all day yesterday and last night and this morning I've been going #2.  It's like I didn't know I had so much in me.  I thought it was weird how I still had to keep going.  This is morning before I left to take my youngest to preschool I had bright blood spots in my panties.  When I wiped I had a little bit more.  Now I've been crampy most of the morning and haven't been hungry much and feeling weird.  I was going to run some erronds but figured I got some stuff I need done first just in case I'm really in labor.  So what would be the reason I would be spotting?  Do you think this could be it?  I've been loosing a lot of mucus the past few days too.  Should I call my doctor to let them know about the spotting?  I mean it wasn't very much.  Comparing with my other pregnancies I never bled in the beginning with my first.  My 2nd I had a little bit of blood with mucus and that was it.  Now it's like hmm... If I am in labor I need to call my sister soon b/c she'll have to drive 3 hrs. to get here.  So confusing.  I hope this is it! 

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
got3innov
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:38 AM

sounds like it could be labor mama.  i would call the doctor and then probably your sister.  good luck..big smile mini

CafeMom Tickers
01.Amey.07
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:39 AM

Are you SURE the spotting is vaginal? It could be possible that it's from going so much and/or hemorroids. The cramping *could* also be intestinal cramps. In any event, yes I would at least call your OB and let her know. 

tretresmom
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:40 AM

Well with my last pregnancy I was spotting at 37wks & I did go to the doctor & they said it was most likely from the exam I had the day before & I was only 1cm dialated  well later that night I had a gush of blood when I coughed and I started feeling contractions so I went to the hospital & my son was born at 5:18am  so I was in labor.  I would get checked out. 

Mamagirlz
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:43 AM

i thought maybe from going so much too but never bled while going #2 before.

Quoting 01.Amey.07:

Are you SURE the spotting is vaginal? It could be possible that it's from going so much and/or hemorroids. The cramping *could* also be intestinal cramps. In any event, yes I would at least call your OB and let her know. 

Mamagirlz
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:43 AM

i had a exam last thursday and i was 3cm and 50% effaced then.

Quoting tretresmom:

Well with my last pregnancy I was spotting at 37wks & I did go to the doctor & they said it was most likely from the exam I had the day before & I was only 1cm dialated  well later that night I had a gush of blood when I coughed and I started feeling contractions so I went to the hospital & my son was born at 5:18am  so I was in labor.  I would get checked out. 

Swtmama62205
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:45 AM

if its bright red with no mucus in it you HAVE to call your doctor...bleeding in late pregnancy can be a sign on a big problem...Just call and they will have you come in...better safe then sorry

SAHM to two little boys Noah 4 and Andrew 2 And a loving wife to Ryan=)

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
tretresmom
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:48 AM

OK I think you need to go to the hospital then.  Also HURRY you could be way farther into labor then you think with baby #3 I was bleeding a little but having NO pain I was 6cm when I got to the hospital ( I went only for the bleeding ) and she was born 2 hrs later

Quoting Mamagirlz:

i had a exam last thursday and i was 3cm and 50% effaced then.

Quoting tretresmom:

Mamagirlz
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:49 AM

see that's what i don't know.  i did have some mucus the first time i went.  i could feel it but didn't even check b/c that's how it's been lately.  i've been loosing a lot of mucus.  then when i went once more before i left i didn't have mucus that time.  so i wonder if i did have mucus with blood or not.  now i wish i would of checked. 

Quoting Swtmama62205:

if its bright red with no mucus in it you HAVE to call your doctor...bleeding in late pregnancy can be a sign on a big problem...Just call and they will have you come in...better safe then sorry

alwaysyoung
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:49 AM

Quoting 01.Amey.07:

Swtmama62205
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:50 AM

well honestly hun i would go to the doctor...it could be something with the placenta...and who knows they might be like hey your having a baby today!!!!  Keep us updated okay?

Quoting Mamagirlz:

see that's what i don't know.  i did have some mucus the first time i went.  i could feel it but didn't even check b/c that's how it's been lately.  i've been loosing a lot of mucus.  then when i went once more before i left i didn't have mucus that time.  so i wonder if i did have mucus with blood or not.  now i wish i would of checked. 

Quoting Swtmama62205:

SAHM to two little boys Noah 4 and Andrew 2 And a loving wife to Ryan=)

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)